Thread: Build 292.8 - Beta version

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Build 292.8 - Beta version

Hello,

The build 292.8 is available as beta version in the Product Owners Lounge forum if you use the stand-alone version (and on Steam if you susbcribed to betas).

Change log

This is a beta, make backup copies of the .MFA files you edit with this version, as usual.

Specific things to watch in this version:

- Android: some changes have been made to fix a crash in the graphic engine on Android Pie, let us know if this has any side effect in your apps (especially when it closes, goes to background, and/or is restored).
    - Android (Developer version only): a new build type allows you to generate .aab files. When you upload a .aab file on Google Play, Google will generate the .apk files that are optimized for the user's device (for example I guess it won't include 32-bit code for 64-bit devices). https://developer.android.com/guide/app-bundle
    - 2.5+ DLC / App properties: you'll see a new "Build cache" property in the Optimizations properties. When this option is selected, Fusions saves parts of built apps into a cache so that the next builds are faster. Note 1: the cache is clearer when you close the app. Note 2: this will increase the disk space used by your app in the Windows temp folder. This should save build time for apps that are often built, like Android, iOS or Mac apps. Note: this option has no effect for HTML5 or UWP apps yet.

In case of problem you can reinstall any other version (no need to uninstall first, just reinstall the patch of the build you want to reinstall).

PS: the CF 2.5 patch updates all the installed exporters, as well as the 2.5+ DLC, you do not need to reinstall them.

Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, i'll test this to see if it reduce the crashes on my Android app and try this new app bundle Google is Always asking me for.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the "Build Cache" option work for DX11 project? I think build time of DX11 is slower than DX9 or standard. Is there benefit from build cache even with DX11?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For Windows EXE, the "Build cache" option works if "Optimize image size in RAM" is selected. If this option is not selected, the cache is not used.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Build 292.6 - Change log

- Event List editor: crash when you drop an object icon to the last "New condition" line.
    I am really, really glad that I read this line back when 292.6 was released, because until then, I never knew that you could drag an object icon onto a condition/action line to make a new condition/action. (I knew you could drag an icon onto another icon to swap it, but not that you could bring up the drop-down menu for any object by dragging it to a condition/action line). It's a terrific little time-saver, and I'm doing it all the time now!

It does however make me wish even more for a feature that I've wanted for years: please let us drag an icon from the workspace toolbar onto the ELE in the same fashion (onto icons, actions, or conditions.....maybe even onto the expression editor, though I'm probably reaching too far here).

Now that it's much easier to organise the workspace toolbar (because of the multiple drag-n-drop in the Frame Editor that was introduced recently), it's easy to have all your most important objects easily reachable on the workspace toolbar. So it would be more useful than ever to be able to drag them from there onto the Event Editors. In fact, it could actually make it feasible that even in a huge project, 90% of the time you need an object, it's available to see, grab and use immediately, without you needing to scroll endlessly across the Event Editor or search through hundreds of objects in the new condition or new action boxes.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Deleted previous post -

I only noticed this after installing the beta - but it's on every one of my backups too, so this error occurred prior to this beta. There's an area of the screen that is frozen - all the objects in that area are un-selectable - and if I create any object in that area it will automatically be frozen to. I can't unlock it - I can't click it, I can't select it, I can't delete it.example.jpg

Area marked green.

Issue exists across 15 frames - but at some point all 15 frames were copied from 1 - so it probably happened on that frame. That area is not a problem on other frames I have in the game - just those 15.

Edit: I can click all my objects except those in the green block - but every single new object I create - anywhere on the frame is frozen & any object I create on a different frame and copy & paste into that frame is similarly frozen.

Further: Went back to 292.7 - the problem was still there.
    Went back on my backups - every backup after I copied the frame has that error in.
    The backup directly before I copied the frames doesn't have that error in.
    All of these backups are on 292.6 - and since I don't have 2.5+ I assume that in my case that would be identical to 292.7

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Weird, could you send me your MFA?

292.7 is almost identical to 292.6, there is just a fix in the runtime.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I deleted everything out of this .mfa - and just left the "errors" in it. The errors are in layer 1. Any object you create in layer 1 will get stuck - and the objects that are stuck are on layer 1. The objects on the other layers are not stuck and you can create a new object there.

Despite deleting everything the file remained over 1mb in size - download here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgVEPtcaHQ02kcs6r9whJylcNB3wRA

I could find a backup far enough back without this issue - and re-copied the frames and the error hasn't so far happened again.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I took a peek at your .mfa file @Janette5

The objects are frozen because Layer 1 has been locked at some point. You can unlock it again if you click on the Lock icon at the Layer list to the right. However the green background object "Solid Colour 6" has been locked on the object level as well so you've got to click on "Arrange" > "Unlock All" to make that particular one accessible again.

@Yves - I realize that the "Feature Wish-list" is roughly 10 000 km long by now but is there any chance we could have a String object that can store its own local Alterable Values/Strings and Flags like some other Fusion objects can? It'd be super handy when dealing with a lot of data with multiple String objects.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using layers with the layer selection lock on by any chance?
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast