User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Files Have Been Dropped does not trigger

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Files Have Been Dropped does not trigger

Hi, is there any reason why a 'Files Have Been Dropped' condition might not trigger? I am just trying to print a debug message on 'Files Have Been Dropped' but nothing happens. I tried a demo of it in a blank app and it works fine. What could it be? Windows Shape object? Anything known?

Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    IIRC this it doesn't trigger in apps that are executed as administrator. Is this the case in your app?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    IIRC this it doesn't trigger in apps that are executed as administrator. Is this the case in your app?

Nope, as far as I know its just running as normal. I am running the preview from inside MMF. All my settings seem exactly the same as the working example.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, yes this seems to be the issue. However it raises another issue because my MMF2 environment was actually opened in the first place using 'Execute an External Program' command...which must mean that Execute External Program runs something as an admin(?). Normally when I run MM2 its set up to run as normal user. 'Execute an External Program' always opens as admin- Is that correct?
    Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    'Execute an External Program' always opens as admin- Is that correct?
    No, unless the parent application is itself executed as admin.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, unless the parent application is itself executed as admin.
    Okay, then it seems mmf2 programs run by the 'execute external application' command definitely have an effect on how the 'Files Have Been Dropped' condition behaves in the run application.

For example : if I run my project/mmf2 from my application that was built in MMf2 the Files Have Been Dropped doesnt work (even though its not admin.)

If I run the project directly from windows shortcut it works fine.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I can't reproduce it with simple apps. Can you show the MFAs?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I can't reproduce it with simple apps. Can you show the MFAs?

I can, but it might be quite a hassle for you to reproduce. Would a video do?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A video wouldn't be enough, the MFA that launches the other ap is necessary to see what you do exactly, what options are selected, etc. Can you reproduce the problem from a fresh app that just does a n "Execute external program" command?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the problem. In the end it was to do with the Run parameters of the Executed application.

If you use Hide Application when executing a file which is an MMF2 project or file then that project (when run from MMF2 ) wont be able to accept files that are dropped.

There is a test case here with a two applications (Unzip it to your C drive). The executor (runs the receiver project) and the drag receiver. You will see a files dropped message in the debug window if files are dropped successfully into the orange window.

thieIsTheProblem_2.png

This will not let the running application (if its an MMF2 file) accept dropped files when a application is run from inside it..
    thieIsTheProblem.png

I have no idea if this is a bug or expected behavior. For now I have removed the Hide parameter as I don't need it anyway as far as I can tell.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast