User Tag List

Thread: Bad performance when forcing High Performance GPU

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad performance when forcing High Performance GPU

My game just recently went to QA and we get very bad performance if this option is selected on high end dedicated graphics. By default the game would be run by the integrated GPU and runs well, even on lower end specs. I wonder what could cause this.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What's the graphic mode of the application? DX9 or DX11? Something like this had been reported for a DX9 app, but I didn't heard anything else about it after it was converted to DX11.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DX9, cannot use DX11 yet, cuz the color grading shader I’m using is not available on DX11 yet.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you send it to me I can convert it probably.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves : That would be awesome! I‘ll post it here when I‘m home. Also it‘s in the Outbuddies project folder, Kisguri has the link. Cheers

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves : Here's the source https://www.dropbox.com/sh/seaylf1mp...FKuNrmVVa?dl=0. The shader demands a grading image to load into the "shademap" parameter. A sample image is included. The shader was provided by @mihailsh in this thread: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/103267-I-m-looking-for-a-cross-processing-shader/page2?highlight=cross+processing, just in case you run into any trouble. Thanks again, would be great to see the game on DX11 The shader needs to be ported for the game's console versions too btw.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Here is the DX11 version. Let me know if it's OK.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a semi-related note, how much of a priority is true fullscreen dx11? Is it a 'we want it asap' item, or a 'it would be nice to have it by the end of the year' item?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ASAP, hopefully in one of the next 2 updates.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves : Wow, that was quick The shader works well.

Testing Dx11 with the game revealed another bug tho. Premultiplied Alpha stops working in the game on room shift, causing issues with the layers that have a substract effect applied (image attached.).
    My game needs to rescale the frame window on every room shift and will change the window resolution depending on the room's layout. If such a resolution change occurs, the bug appears.
    I'll pass the latest .mfa of Outbuddies to @Kisguri this week on Discord anyway, and will add a reminder to pass the link to you.

There's no need to fix this issue quickly on my side. DX9 works finde for me and the high-performance CPU issue can be easily avoided by just not checking the related tick box.

edit: the frame does not restart on room shift by default. If I force a frame restart the bug does not occur, but the downside is prolonged loading time. Just in case that's important.