User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 292.8 most likely a bug

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

292.8 most likely a bug

I tried yesterday to work on my project with 292.8 and was met with problem
    One of my string objects vanished when ran on apk,
    I also noticed i could not change the string color to pure black 0,0,0 ,i go to sting properties select black 0,0,0 and it doesnt go though ,when i click somewhere else the text color is changed to 8,0,0 everytime ,this only happens with color 0,0,0 every other color including white is ok

After apk compilation i test it on the phone and the string is not showing up , its as if it is invisible

I tried changing other options such as load on call,save background etc etc but had no luck

I didnt have the time to recreate a project to upload ,i will do so in the coming days

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fernando, there are 2 new bugs on 292.8 , i can confirm that

Bug no 1

Insert a new string object
    The color of the font is pure black 0,0,0 by default, change this color to a different one, now change back to 0,0,0 click anywhere on the frame, the sting changes color to 8,0,0 everytime

Bug no 2

For reasons unknown on certain frames text sting objects are not displayed on android phone, i can see them in the Run-> Frame F7 window in my pc but after exporting to apk and testing on the phone the strings are vanishing.

I tried this in the same app in 2 different frames , in one frame the strings do not vanish while in another frame they vanish, both frames have the same properties .
    I cannot figure out what is causing the second frame not to display string objects, can you help me a bit because i tried everything to isolate the problem ?
    did something change to the string object ?
    can you revert this change so that i can try to see if this is it ?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Build 292.8 - Change log
    ------------------------
    - Android runtime: added memory check when displaying large strings.

Can this be the problem ? i tried different fonts including tahoma and different sizes including from very small to large but the strings vanish every time on a specific frame

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    mm can you post a small mfa?, also grab a logcat from this device, check for line similar to these
    2019-05-31 13:57:12.967 3315-3315/? I/MMFRuntime: Max mem. available 512.0 HeapPad: 51.19999980926514 AllocNativeHeap: 7.35833740234375
    2019-05-31 13:57:12.968 3315-3315/? I/MMFRuntime: Create Text Bitmap Width: 369, Heght: 33

what it does is to check memory before to generate a string to avoid any crash, should not affect you unless they are too big string and the device does not have enough memory

about color, I don't see any changes in the code related how the object handle them, can you post a small example here?

About the font typeface the font you mention were tested here set from editor.

also are these issues you mention here in all different version of opengl?
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will test this again in three days because i will be away from the pc for a while and post a logcat then ,yes i tested on open gl 1.1 and 3 and the problem is present on both

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the error before of a string displaying on PC and not on Android and in my case I discovered that:

If the size of the string object is too small to display the text correctly - the pc version will automatically adjust it and display the text.

If the size of the string object on Android is too small - it just won't display the string - it doesn't adjust the size.

So you could also check that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok fernando got the logcat ,the line appears ,i used the logcat reader app to record,i used filter tag "MMFRuntime" at info level
    I will send you the log by personal message

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fernando i ran the app again with only one small string on the frame ,it is still invisible , looking at the logcat i get this
    https://pasteboard.co/Ihy8hDT.png

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "aborting bitmap load for avoiding memory crash "

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fernando can you add a checkbox on the string object properties 'check for memory crash' so i can disable this new feature ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast