User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Clickteam Fusion 2.5+ Reviews

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What do you mean? Any version of Fusion has fast loops. Use Start Loop / On Loop in the Special object in the event editor. If you need to loop through object instances, use Start For Each Loop / On Each Loop in the object's action/condition menus.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it definitely works with fastloops. Fusion 2.5+ definitely doesn't subtract any features away from regular Fusion 2.5

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves - I understand and know that Fusion 2.5 has fast Loops. I was merely referring to fast loops working with the sub-Events / Child-Events in Fusion 2.5+ addon to Fusion 2.5. I had remembered that somewhere I had seen this in regards to Fusion 2.5+ and was trying to verify this was correct before proceeding to code this in my project is all. I kind'a thought that it would though. Just needing some further input is all! Thanks guys!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    OK.

You can use fast loops in parent events only: you cannot add On Loop conditions in child events, as it's triggered conditions (the "green" conditions).

On Loop conditions can have child events, no problem.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Clickteam Fusion 2.5+ is great. Not only is it drastically optimised for better performance in your Fusion apps, but it has new features that will help you while you're developing. For example, the new "Profiler" tool allows you to know how much time each line of code (or condition) is taking to be executed, and the new "Optimise Images in RAM", "Optimise Events" and "Optimise Samples" options help your app's performance greatly. The only complaint is that I'm unable to set my strings to a few specific fonts when I'm using the new DirectX 11 mode (which is a new Runtime mode that immensely speeds up the loading of the app and grants an amazing performance compared to DirectX 9) but I remember reading a post from Clicktram saying that they're going to fix that in a future patch (after Build 292.10). I'm not sure.

Overall, I recommend this DLC. It is definitely worth the price.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, it's a shame to pay for an upgrade, when you bought a software, espcially with some bugs and unfinished stuff like Clickteam Fusion 2, upgrades and improve should be free.
    And yes, 2.5+ is not a DLC, it's really an upgrade with very cool features and bug fix (qualifiers in main code for exemple...) that should be in the first version.
    So... yes, it's cleary something you have to buy for a better experience of making a game, but think about how it's legit and fair.
    For me it's not, but i bought it anyway because i needed it.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gee Jonathan. Clickteam worked their butts off to provide a go between 2.5 and 3.0. If you would have Beta tested 2.5+ you would have experienced this first hand. Give them a break please.

Marv
    ​455 MMF2 & CTF 2.5 Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The only complaint is that I'm unable to set my strings to a few specific fonts when I'm using the new DirectX 11 mode
    There are 2 problems I think:

1. If those specific fonts are not supported (i.e. if you set this font in a String object and run the app and the text is not correctly displayed), then I'm not sure we can do lot of things. We still need to work a bit on this though, to allow sub-fonts if possible (for fonts that include several styles in a single ttf file).

2. If those specific fonts are not used in any String object and you set them at runtime via an action, then yes we're going to fix this when we can, however if you know what fonts you're going to use you can create hidden String objects with those fonts, they'll be embedded into the application and this will solve the problem.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Jonathan Clickteam is a company with employees, who all need to be paid for their work, be it in development, customer service, online services management, marketing - all of it. We also have to pay for things like servers, to keep the software and this community running - these things do not come free! You cannot expect a company to just work forever continuously upgrading software for one initial price, it just can't work this way. Fusion 2.5 does everything it did when you purchased it, plus tonnes more besides - Yves works all the time adding features and fixing bugs and we don't charge for those. 2.5+ provides brand new features, which took significant developer time to create and hence have an associated cost. If you don't wish to use them, that is of course your choice but to expect it free... the world just doesn't work this way.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    ....but think about how it's legit and fair.
    For me it's not, but i bought it anyway because i needed it....
    Unlegit and unfair would be if Clickteam had built all of these extra features and fixes back in 2013, then hid them in the code, then charged us extra money to unlock them. That would, arguably, be unlegit and unfair.

But that's not what's happened at all. These features and fixes didn't exist in 2013. They didn't exist because Clickteam didn't have the manpower to do them all by 2013. It took them many more thousands of man-hours to complete the work necessary for those features, and the bulk of that work only finished in 2019. Sadly, Clickteam have the great misfortune of living in the real world, so when they have to pay hundreds of thousands of euros in salaries to a group of programmers for work that they did in 2018-2019, they can't just time travel to 2013 and access some magical never-ending pool of money there. Instead, they have to find that money in 2019. It's pretty logical, really, and certainly not unfair.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast