User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Clickteam Fusion 2.5+ Reviews

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clickteam Fusion 2.5+ Reviews

Hello All,

I was wanting to get some honest opinions in regards to the new Fusion 2.5+ add-on for Fusion 2.5.
    And wanted to see what impact and difference it has made on others development with their fusion projects.

Is it fairly stable and bug free? Is it worth the investment? I'm planning to make a purchase if It makes a big
    difference in the development process. Please post your replies below and many thanks in advance guys & gals!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi DrWho, from my perspective the biggest improvement I'm using a lot are this parent/child events and 260 named values/strings. I had no problems with this add-on/dlc so far.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like fact that you can know where the bottle-necks are in your application. 2.5+ seems faster. The 260 named values/strings is a big like for me making it easier to keep track of everything. You are able to name all the qualifiers and put icons on all of them. There is a new command "find all" that allows you to find a text in any object name, value, data or events, either in the current frame or in all the frames of the application. "Run App From Current Frame" is a new command allows you to run the entire app from the current frame. I could go on and on. Yes it is worth your money and I would recommend the DLC to anyone.

Marv
    ​455 MMF2 & CTF 2.5 Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, most of the features are very practical and stable.
    The only problem is that in DX11 mode, the layout of String objects will be wrong.
    This bug has been in existence since 2.5+ release:

Spaces in the beginning of the strings are ignored in runtime, while it works properly in DX9.
    1_Spaces in the beginning of the strings.......png
    2_Are ignored.png

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree to all the above and I would add that now you can use Groups in behaviors (something I really appreciate, I even wrote a post about it). The Global Events are also very good addition but I think this is something of the new Update and not of 2.5++?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After seeing all the new features in this add-on I had thought to myself if Fusion 2.5+ was some sort of a tide me over until' Fusion 3 is released thing?! I kinda' wonder now though if this might be true in this regards?! The world may never know?? :-p

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me 2.5+ has made a huge difference, both in actual game fps performance and in ease of use with all new alt. values, debugger output (which is soo useful!), find all functions, etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'll give this a go and see how it might help my existing and future projects. I've had clickteam fusion for quite some time now and compared to the others I still prefer it over the others any day!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just now purchased Fusion 2.5+.. I will be playing around with it this weekend and update this thread later on how it is and functions. Hopefully this will make a big difference on my future projects.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent add-on, in that all of the features are great. The major ones are obviously the variable limit and the global qualifiers, but there are many, many improvements. I'd argue that these features should have always existed as normal updates to the product, particularly things like the variable limit, though having said that, I was perfectly happy to pay an extra £40 to Clickteam regardless. Having used their products since 1996, I had no problem with that! Though, a bigger software vendor probably wouldn't get away with a DLC to a product like that.

Overall, if you are aiming to use Fusion 2.5 seriously, 2.5+ should be something you automatically purchase.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast