User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Clickteam Fusion 2.5+ Reviews

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Jonathan be very glad Clickteam haven't gone subscription, supporting them via a DLC that includes so many things we've been waiting for since the early-00's is the least we can do, and it's incredible that @Yves is on hand for responding to most important things on the forums these days. A lot of high-level game software companies have made some terrible business decisions of late, whereas Clickteam just keeps offering the same great service and value they always have.

You may not have meant it as harsh as it was taken (sometimes language and etiquette can seem a bit funny depending on the members location) but do try to see just how good an upgrade 2.5+ is for the very little money it costs.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It is very humbling to see positive words of support like this. It makes me proud to be not just a part of Clickteam but also this community.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, I totaly understand your point of view and the fact that Clickteam is a company and need to make money, that's the real world as you say.
    But it's not a reason to say that's it's "fair", it's not for customers who pay a software and have to pay again for an update (the second one, for people who bought Clickteam Fusion 2.5)

if you are ok with that, good for you, for my point of view it's not needed to sell everything you made to earn money, if your product is a good product with a good quality, customer service, free updates etc... it could be enough to earn monney and keep free updates.
    It's on you to add some extra paid content, but be ok with the fact that it's unfriendlyaction, for many people.
    I've sell my own game on Steam, and I never added extra content, I could have, it would have brought me a lot of money easily, but I prefered keep a good impression for the next, and a lot of others company works like that.
    You will never pay an update/bug fix on Adobe Photoshop, or others company who made video game creator.

I'm not an hater, I love clickteam I'm user since 2005, and they made some good stuff, this new update bring so much good functions, plus it's a french company and probably the only one on that branch so it's kind of special for me ! juste disapointed about some points since 3-4 years, but i'll probably continue to using thoses softwares (and paid for the others updates/ new version).

Sorry if it's not clear, and yes maybe my words was more rude than expect? it's kind of hard for me to have serious discussion in english it's not my native language

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I must be dreaming and I don't read what you are saying, someone is going to wake me up...

You will never pay an update/bug fix on Adobe Photoshop, or others company who made video game creator.
    You are kidding, yes? All the bug fixes of the build 292 are free, check the change log, you don't pay for the bug fixes. The paid DLC is a pack of new features, no bug fixes, and new features are not free. It's why we made a DLC, so that owners of 2.5 can still get bug fixes for free.

Also please check all the change logs of all the free updates we did for 12 years, count the number of bug fixes AND all the new features that have been given for free. What you are saying is not fair, to say the least.

it's not for customers who pay a software and have to pay again for an update (the second one, for people who bought Clickteam Fusion 2.5)
    2.5 and 2.5+ are not simple update patches, they add major new features! And new features require lot of work in such a product.

Also you cannot compare your game on Steam with a 2-million-of-lines-of-code product with 5 or 6 exporters.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Guys, I totaly understand your point of view and the fact that Clickteam is a company and need to make money, that's the real world as you say.
    But it's not a reason to say that's it's "fair", it's not for customers who pay a software and have to pay again for an update (the second one, for people who bought Clickteam Fusion 2.5)

if you are ok with that, good for you, for my point of view it's not needed to sell everything you made to earn money, if your product is a good product with a good quality, customer service, free updates etc... it could be enough to earn monney and keep free updates.
    It's on you to add some extra paid content, but be ok with the fact that it's unfriendlyaction, for many people.
    I've sell my own game on Steam, and I never added extra content, I could have, it would have brought me a lot of money easily, but I prefered keep a good impression for the next, and a lot of others company works like that.

I'm not an hater, I love clickteam I'm user since 2005, and they made some good stuff, this new update bring so much good functions, plus it's a french company and probably the only one on that branch so it's kind of special for me ! juste disapointed about some points since 3-4 years, but i'll probably continue to using thoses softwares (and paid for the others updates/ new version).

Sorry if it's not clear, and yes maybe my words was more rude than expect? it's kind of hard for me to have serious discussion in english it's not my native language
    Man, you are confusing bug fixes with new features and improvements. Actually, in many CTF patches you do get FREE improvements too, not just fixes..and you get this for free! You get Yves and others from CT stuff here responding almost in real-time and you think it is not fair to buy a DLC that offers massive improvement because you are used to getting free bux fixes?! Not to mention that the prices are more than affordable..

I should really think twice before posting stuff like that...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yves literally looked at an example of a problem I had and found out it was an extension. He replied at 0130am and sent a fixed version of the extension to me.

I'm happy to pay a bit extra to a small team where the lead developer personally responds to things like this, let alone fixes them the next day.

I immediately started using most, if not all the 2.5++ features on release day... and of you activate beta access you get so many fixes ahead of time whether you have 2.5++ or not.

Clickteam are cool imo. There are many commercially released games out there that are made with Fusion, I'm not even surprised when I see that anymore... so it's definitely a powerful tool for 2D game creation and certainly worth what I've spent on it.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also please check all the change logs of all the free updates we did for 12 years, count the number of bug fixes AND all the new features that have been given for free. What you are saying is not fair, to say the least.
    Are you trying to say that it's an hugh effort? It's just normal, you selling softwares, you have to keep them good with less bug than possible.

And I'm sorry but, making qualifiers working well in the main code (bug asked since many years), accelerate loading frame and compiler, or objects alphabetically sorted in the Workspace window sounds like more bug fix than options bonus like DLC, but ok i've understand that most of all the people here are ok with that, so keep going that, it's working.

Also you cannot compare your game on Steam with a 2-million-of-lines-of-code product with 5 or 6 exporters.
    You sell your product more than 400 dollars (probably more with all the DLC, Pack, Exporters, etc..), my 6, I can compare at my scale.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Are you trying to say that it's an hugh effort? It's just normal, you selling softwares, you have to keep them good with less bug than possible.
    Not at all, I'm answering the part where you say that we don't give new features for free and we make you pay for bug fixes, and I'm saying it's totally wrong, the proof is in our change logs.

making qualifiers working well in the main code (bug asked since many years)
    I agree this problem should have been fixed in MMF2. This being said, the global events code was not planned to work with qualifiers and lot of code had to be implemented, it's not a simple bug fix where you fix something that doesn't work as intended. Francois has been saying for ages that this couldn't be done in a simple update patch, and this indeed required lot of work. This also required a change in the MFA file format, which can hardly be done in a simple update in order to avoid user confusion.

accelerate loading frame and compiler
    This is certainly not a fix, it's a serious improvement that required lot of work.

objects alphabetically sorted in the Workspace window sounds
    A bug is something that doesn't work as intended. We had to implement code for this, it's not existing code that we fixed.

TBH we've been extremely careful and tried to separate all the bug fixes in the free update patch from the new features in the DLC. And IMHO this is fair. You are splitting hairs on a couple of features and are saying the whole DLC should be free, this is not fair.

I can compare at my scale.
    No, you can't compare at all, it's totally different, defintely.

Clicker

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hum... I can see your point of view. Nothing to add on my side, you almost convince me, i kept my opinion for some things, but I'm ok with the rest.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    OK, fine

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast