User Tag List

Thread: How do I execute a .bat (batch file) from my application?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I execute a .bat (batch file) from my application?

Hi, I'm trying to execute a simple batch file using execute External Program, but the console window just flashes up and vanishes and the batch file is not executed. If I double click the file in windows manually, the batch file gets executed correctly.

Is there something special about executing batch files? I tried all the options(Hide, Wait Until end but I get the same result each time)

* Timer is greater than 01''-00
    + Run this event once
    Special : Execute external program "C:\BLA\Projects\steamworks_sdk_144\sdk\tools\Cont entBuilder\run_build.bat""" (wait)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cancel that, I tried a different batch file and it worked fine. Something weird with the Steam batch file that I'm trying to execute I guess..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
    Cancel that, I tried a different batch file and it worked fine. Something weird with the Steam batch file that I'm trying to execute I guess..
    Actually, just using the file object to set the same directory as the batch file before execution makes it all work!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget "Execute in Console" Object can do more.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Batch files (along with some older Win32 executables - ie: Basic) require the actual working directory to be passed before execution, otherwise it won't work. This is why it's best to set the directory before execution...
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Batch files (along with some older Win32 executables - ie: Basic) require the actual working directory to be passed before execution, otherwise it won't work. This is why it's best to set the directory before execution...
    Oddly, setting the directory works but only when testing. As soon as I make a build it seems the batch file wont execute any more. Could this be true?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oddly, setting the directory works but only when testing. As soon as I make a build it seems the batch file wont execute any more. Could this be true?
    Same result (fine in test from MMF but does not execute in built version) using either of the following :

-Execute External Program
    -(File) Run Application (File object)
    -Execute in Console

I am setting the directory first using File Object- current directory DirectoryName$(pathOfBatchFIle)

?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same result (fine in test from MMF but does not execute in built version) using either of the following :

-Execute External Program
    -(File) Run Application (File object)
    -Execute in Console

I am setting the directory first using File Object- current directory DirectoryName$(pathOfBatchFIle)

?
    I got this working. The File Object- current directory DirectoryName$(pathOfBatchFIle) was missing the drive letter for some reason...so I appended with Drive$(pathOfBatchFIle).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another approach would be to modify the batch file and add commands to the top to actually change the working drive and directory to the one you need. For example:

@C:
    @CD "\BATCHFILES\"