User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is it ok to use non-standard characters in AltVal names?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    off-topic a bit: looking at that absolute unit of an event makes me curious, is there a big performance hit if you would have split that loop up in parts instead of having everything in one?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In this case I think so, since it involves a newly created object. If it was split into parts we'd have to store the object's fixed value, and all subsequent parts would need a condition that searches through all instances for the one with the correct fixed value. In a fastloop that runs many times that would surely add up.

Also, the presence of any additional "on loop" conditions adds to some slowdown to all other fastloops in the frame. Because every time you call any fastloop from anywhere, fusion has to search through all "on loop" events to find the right ones. This can be mitigated by putting fastloops in groups that you deactivate when not needed.

Apart from those two things - if the fastloop didn't refer to a newly created object and was in a deactivatable group - I think the performance impact of splitting it up would be negligible

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah some of those icons will be very useful. I've burnt hours over the last couple nights downloading new dingbat fonts and searching for useful unicode characters lol

If you change your skin font to segoe you can use all the characters ☕☺✌
    @Volnaiskra

Attachment 27741

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkycoldmadeanr View Post
    Yeah some of those icons will be very useful. I've burnt hours over the last couple nights downloading new dingbat fonts and searching for useful unicode characters lol

If you change your skin font to segoe you can use all the characters ☕☺✌
    @Volnaiskra

Attachment 27741
    How do you mean? (your attachment doesn't work for me)

When I set

Code:
    [EL_Font]
    name = Segoe
    it doesn't work. When I set:

Code:
    [EL_Font]
    name = Segoe UI
    the font shows up, but the characters after about U+E700 (eg. the one below) still show up as dots:

On another note, regardless of the font settings, most of the Segoe UI Emoji characters seem to work in Fusion. Though they're not all as well made as they could be - many have too much detail and/or too thick a line width to be very legible. But there are some handy ones in there:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PictureComments.png

name = Segoe MDL2 Assets

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, cool. Doesn't work so great for me though because the font looks too tiny, and some other special characters I'm using don't display properly (eg. certain large <space> characters). Also, it seems to greatly slow down opening the global event list editor, when that is fully unfolded.

Doesn't matter though - between the pre-U+E700 icons and the emojis, there are a lot of really helpful icons you can use. Thanks so much for pointing me in this direction!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I downloaded the Mac version Segoe MDL2 Assets font that you linked and I'm still using windows 7 so there is probably a difference there.

I guess thats a plus to using comments is that you can change the size, colour, bg, alignment etc.

Yeah I noticed a bit of a slow down also I'm not sure if its due to multiple fonts, font type, font size or something else.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a list of icons that work well in Fusion group names. It took a while to collate them, so I'm sharing it here in case someone finds it useful too.

Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLC
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From VACCiNE to your skins to this, your work is always great, Vol. I've been meaning to mention it for a while so might as well do so here. Amusingly I was googling a solution to something not Clickteam-related the other month, found a posted solution and then noticed your username/avatar combo next to it. Took a moment to connect the dots!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertRule View Post
    From VACCiNE to your skins to this, your work is always great, Vol. I've been meaning to mention it for a while so might as well do so here. Amusingly I was googling a solution to something not Clickteam-related the other month, found a posted solution and then noticed your username/avatar combo next to it. Took a moment to connect the dots!
    Thanks I'm curious - what was it? Photoshop? wacom? gaming? (It wasn't my porcupine juggling for beginners tutorial, was it? If so, you should probably ignore it - turns out my methods weren't as successful as I'd hoped...)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast