User Tag List

Thread: Steam Data best practices?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steam Data best practices?

Hi, having built my app I'm now trying to put i on Steam but it seems you can only have any files in the steam folder. (I think?)

The steam documentation is terrible so I may have misunderstood this, but if this is the case then it means that my game data (currently mapped to windows ApplicationData folder- Roaming/MyApp/) wont find the data and I'll need to change the path specifically for steam.

That doesn't sound so bad but I'm sure it will be a nightmare when trying to locally test the game and also for version of my app that aren't even on steam..

Anyone done any Steam games/apps and or know if this is this correct? Is there a best practice for files/folders between MMF and Steam?

Cheers

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After speaking at the guys at Steam it seems the best thing to do is have my app position all the files (in the correct places) at first launch OR create a little sub app that gets run at first run (using a steam install script) which does the same thing.

The steam install itself will only put the depot in the root of the steam folder as far as I am aware..