User Tag List

Thread: Game icon format on Android

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game icon format on Android

I don't find how to make a proper icon for my android apps on my Nokia 3.1, i think it runs a pure Android version without any customization and that's how the icons look like:

Screenshot_20190607-160114.jpg

I've tried to change the image, but it seems that it needs another format than the standard 192x192 icon.
    Any idea?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    this is new from android pie, see that all icons that does not fit a circle fit it is show inside a white circle, in previous version was round box.

I will investigate a little bit more.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's called adaptive icons, it's pretty easy to setup in android studio.
    https://developer.android.com/guide/...esign_adaptive

You just make a background and a foreground, then it works with different shapes and may have movement effects on new devices in the future.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will we be able to make proper icons for Android 8/9 ?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This feature can not be added at the moment since it does require developer to set min target as 26
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can we manually add them to our App Bundle then? How other devs do it? I can see games that are compatible with old Android versions to use correct icons on Android 8/9.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    How can we manually add them to our App Bundle then?

this can not be added manually since it does require min set to 26, not matters is apk or bundle if you don't set this min to 26 you get

Android resource linking failed
    C:\Developments\AndroidStudioProjects\android-adaptive-icons-master\app\src\main\res\mipmap-anydpi\ic_launcher.xml: error: <adaptive-icon> elements require a sdk version of at least 26.
    error: failed linking file resources.

How other devs do it? I can see games that are compatible with old Android versions to use correct icons on Android 8/9.
    of course you see this in application made entirely with android studio but not other game runtimes as far i check.
    they set min 26 and they must upload two different apk to google store, one from 26 to up and another from 14 to up

In order to make this work need special code during building to add or not to add this, and this need some changes in editor that requiere some time
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonjour il y a t il du nouveau sur le problème des icons pour les insérer dans fusion ?
    Hello there is there anything new on the problem of the icons to insert them in fusion?