User Tag List

Thread: How do I change the path of an INI++ file?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How do I change the path of an INI++ file?

As of now I'm really stranded. No matter what I do the file just gets created next to where the .exe file is. I'd like to put it in appdata, or maybe even some custom location... where it would be hidden.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the File Object. In the INI++ expression where you set the folder, have it pull the appdata directory from the File Object.

Actually, look in the properties of the INI++ object, can't you set the directory there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a property group called "file and path settings" but I'm really not sure how to do anything in there. How do I tell it to use the appdata directory without using the actual file path that also contains my username after \Users\?

If I don't figure out how to change the directory using only the INI++ object, I'll use the file object.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want INI++ to save the file in the appdata directory, set the Base Folder option to 'Application Date (User)'. In the option called Default File, type in a name for the saved file to be called, such as "Save.ini" or whatever you want. When you tell the INI++ to save the file, this will result in the file being created in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming.
    inisave.jpg

If you want the file to be created inside of a new folder within C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming, such as 'C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\My Game Folder', type "My Game Folder\" in front of the name of the file you already entered into the Default File option.
    ini again.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, the file is properly created where I want to, but even though I can tell the game to write information in the file it just does not seem to want to use it! I'm using the "Current Group > Item has hashed value" option and even though I'm telling it exactly which item I want it to look at and what number that item should have assigned to it to make an event happen, it won't do anything about it.
    Do I have to use the "Loading and Saving" options at the start of frame?

Edit: in short, here's what I want to do.
    Frame1 is a black screen in which it checks what the INI++ file has written. If an item in the file has no value, it'll go to frame2, if it has another value it'll go to frame3.
    Frame2 is a cutscene in which the game immediately writes in the INI++ file that it was seen, once it is done it jumps to frame3
    Frame3 is the main menu of the game.

So far, Frame2 properly writes that the cutscene has been seen in the INI file which is in the location I want, but when I try to bring that information up in Frame1 to check the item that has that information, it just ignores it. If I can get this figured out it'll be my last question in this post.