User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone had problems with update 292.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone had problems with update 292.5?

I'm trying to roll back to a prior update that was stable.

I have problems with 292.6 / 292.7 - I have crash reports on that one that I've never had before.

292.8 beta doesn't work on Android 4 versions.

Has anyone published something in version 292.5 and was it stable?

As far as I can tell from the forums the only issues experienced there was with Google Play Services and in-app purchasing and I'm not using those in this game.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The in app purchases bugs are much older than 292.5. The new bug that came up in 292.5 is the createsurface bug. It is discussed at length in this thread: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/105592-New-error-report-appeared-since-I-built-my-app-with-version-292-4

I think there are at least 2 other people who encountered it. Could you give us a screenshot of your crash reports list to see if it's the same one?

I am not 100% sure but I think that this bug might have been fixed in 292.8. I asked someone who had the createsurface bug to post a screenshot after updating to 292.8 and I didn't see that error in the screenshot anymore.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How far back did you have to go to get a stable version?

I don't know if it's the same crash that I had - I posted it to the wrong section: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/105742-Crash-on-Nokia-query. I have no further info on that - it was just a report in Google Play,

It might have been fixed in 292.8 - but I don't want to exclude all the Android 4 users - so build 292.8 is not an option for me. (I have too few users to still pick and choose amongst them and from my other games many of them are still using Android 4 - including myself.)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went back to the last version I had on steam before the 64bit update. I think it was 289 or something. It doesn't really matter as long as it is a version before gradle and 64 bit. The problem is that this only works until august, because after 1 august you will be obligated to use the 64bit versions, so going to an older version works just for a month and a half.

I didn't pay attention to the 292.8 problems but I hope the fact that it's not working with android version 4 is something temporary that will be fixed.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In version 292.8 there was a problem when I compiled the c libraries with latest ndk so I have to revert and build again with 17c

if you want to test this new runtime, let me know (you need to update to version 292.8 and apply the file I will sent you).
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But if you've changed it, aren't you going to update the current beta with the new files?

I still have 292.8 installed - I can test it on the devices I have.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    will try to publish after few more test that why i am asking if you can do some test at your side and confirm no more ghost
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what you mean by ghost.

I had an issue with anything I built on 292.8 not working on Android 4 or 4.4 because all my graphics were rendered as white squares.

If that is something you have now fixed - I can test that if you send me the file.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edit: new beta released, i'll try that one.

292.8 just crashes immediately with no surface for me (but only on main project, not a blank new one, so may be related to some object)
    291.x have major ghosting issues, and other problems for me. 292.7 have crashes on some devices, and there seems to be a problem with the GET object on google pixel devices (Android 9), a lot of users are reporting no connection.

The crash is a major pain for me, get thousands of reports weekly on a popular app. I also really need to fix the GET object asap (emails and 1star reviews because it's not working after update)
    Is there a version which is considered more stable? 292.4 or so?

292.7 crash:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
    at com.google.android.gles_jni.EGLImpl._eglCreateWind owSurface (Native Method)
    at com.google.android.gles_jni.EGLImpl.eglCreateWindo wSurface (EGLImpl.java:92)
    at Runtime.SurfaceView.createSurface (SurfaceView.java:285)
    at Runtime.SurfaceView.swapBuffers (SurfaceView.java:160)
    at RunLoop.CRun.screen_Update (CRun.java:3062)
    at RunLoop.CRun.f_GameLoop (CRun.java:5508)

I also get a severe warning that a ton of devices are no longer supported if i use opengl 3.0, so it doesn't look like it's backward compatible, just need to select opengl 2.0.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had gone back to 291.6 - which was the last one before Gradle and that one for me was stable.

However, I think most of the issues you mention are addressed in either the latest beta or updates that were published in Clickstore.

I only did a short test on the latest beta and it seemed to work okay, there have been no further reports in the forums from other users since that release, so it's probably safe(r).

As for the opengl 3.0

My apps published with opengl 1.1 = 236+ supported devices at Amazon.com
    12 410 out of 12 694 devices supported at Google Play

My app published with opengl 3 = 161 supported devices at Amazon.com
    6 462 out of 12 694 devices supported at Google Play

Only the opengl 3 one also includes the change of the minimum Android version from 2 to 4 - and I don't know how many devices we lost because of that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast