User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ClickPuppet - new animation tool for fusion

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tutorial Video, Preparing your artwork for Clickpuppet.

https://youtu.be/zCwb-Y-VBC8
    A short tutorial on preparing the artwork for Clickpuppet and importing it into Fusion

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Beta and new tutorial video - the first animation

So I've just uploaded a new video tutorial showing the animation process, and fixed an ordering process bug that occurred when I shuffled all the variables from local to global- oops.
    tutorial video is here:
    https://youtu.be/qVNwpP9yVoU
    and the new beta is here:
    ClickPuppet2019_Beta1OReleaseTut2.zip
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having lots of fun with this. Amazing work

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant work!

Clicker

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clickpuppet has Zoom - new beta

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated.
    The good news - I've added zoom so that you can view your animations at 2-4x size. by default it captures the edit window, but if you want to play/view the playback window, you can just drag the zoom gizmo, across to the right. To make it stable I've had to limit it so that you need to switch it on each time you change frames.

The less good news - I've gotten to that wonderful point in the project when I realise I need to redo a whole lot of old functions before I can move much further, because of all the learnings from the development process and the fact that the structure has grown organically. Basically I need to segment the code into groups to allow the inbetweening process, increase the speed, make some of the interactions more linear and revise the onionskinning process(which I made far to complicated). On the plus side, the new version will support 260 frames, inbetweening (hopefully with bezier curves), better zoom play and onionskin interaction, and a whole bunch of small but useful features.
    This will take a while
    ClickPuppet2019_Beta1QReleaseTut2.zip

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    out of curiosity, what are your eventual plans for this? You seem to be progressing pretty furiously through it, so I imagine your ambitions for it might be quite high. Are you hoping to eventually have a powerful commercial extension that rivals Spriter, or is it primarily for a game you're working on, or just an interesting learning project?

Clicker

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ClickPuppet going forward

Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    out of curiosity, what are your eventual plans for this?
    My idea is that Clickpuppet will be a community resource. I've always wanted a timeline capability in Fusion, and because a lot of my projects are in html5, Spriter is not an option. I feel that by sharing it I can extend Fusion's capabilities in one area where the options are lacking.
    Clickpuppet will never compete with Spriter or Spine in animation capability(I 've used both and they're awesome), but because it's completely based in fusion it will always be compatible without a plugin. When I add array export(thanks for the all the efficiency input in your thread) it should also be very fast.
    Having said that, I have some projects that I need it for, and which should act as good test cases.

Clicker

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been busy with some major changes. Clickpuppet now has a library system so that you can easily switch between objects, and I'm currently implementing heirachical animation. Hopefully a new version by the end of the week.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic work you are doing.

Clicker

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clickpuppet...first successful heirachy test.

Thanks Tiny, working out the hierachy process is taking a little longer than I'd hoped. But after a week of butting my head against my own ignorance(and a couple of badly misplaced typos) I finally have a working version. There's some infrastructure to put in to make building the heirachy easy in the first place, but the actual manipulation and format appear to be working(crosses fingers).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast