User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ClickPuppet - new animation tool for fusion

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I get what this is doing. Where do you load the string?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Progject View Post
    I don't think I get what this is doing. Where do you load the string?
    You copy the active object into your game and each animation/text string is copied into one of the objects strings. You then copy a group of events into your game which selects the appropriate string and plays back the animation to match your in-game needs.
    Effectively it's the right hand panel, without the complications of updating it on the fly, and with the option to load multiple animations. The steps are, roughly, create the object NoParts times, allocate several variables, and then use fastloops to apply the animation image, translation, rotation, scale, opacity, and depth to each object. I think I included an initial file format description and description of global values in the zip file.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clickpuppet playback code example

Clickpuppetplayback.jpg
    Anybody Know how to insert a gif without it being converted to a jpeg?

Woo Hoo! Payback of an 8 direction Clickpuppet character. Playback code is around 10 events.I've attached the mfa file, if you find a flaw or can suggest a better option, please let me know
    2ActivePlaybackA.zip

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upload the gif to somewhere like giphy, then get the link (to the actual gif file, not the giphy page with all the extra fluff around it) then put IMG tags around it here

BTW you should do that for jpgs too. Attaching any image using the native forum method makes them really small and forces people to click on them to see them properly.

Clicker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Volnaiskra.
    The spritesheet is 18k for the character above. For html5 output I think the strings are in the cch files, which add another 9k.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It certainly works great when you run the MFA. Like magic. I have absolutely no idea what it's doing though since it's uncommented, and I don't have the sort of brain that can make sense of other people's uncommented code, so I can't give much productive feedback.

Maybe consider using separate animations for the head, torso, arms, etc, and possibly utilising the inbuilt directions inside the animation editor for the different directions of each one. I can imagine that in a real workflow, updating graphics in a single-animation system like this could be frustrating, since you're likely to be updating one body part and/or one direction at a time, but everything is lumped into one long list of frames that you'd need to dig through each time. EDIT: ah, I see that you import them using a spritesheet, which probably makes this comment irrelevant.

Also, keep in mind that strings are very expensive. I have no idea how this thing works, so I don't know if strings are essential, but if not, then consider using values or value arrays.

And you probably just haven't gotten around to it yet, but in case not, you might also want to make the stopped state of the guy work in 8 directions, rather than him turning south whenever you stop moving him.

Clicker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

commented playback code

Yup, rough animation and the minimum number of directions, very much proof of concept. Now that it works I'll try to implement array output, as well as a bunch of features that have come up as I've used it. I also plan to add a preview frame that let's you test/load multiple animations at once.
    The components are all in one active object, so updating artwork is easy. Multiple skins should be as easy as drawing a new character in a separate animation and switching the animation.
    I've commented the code.

2ActivePlaybackB.zip

Clicker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let the Dice Roll

Example file of rolling dice using four layers and the image below. Mostly testing different playback functions, although I did implement the outline shader into clickpuppet to make the selection process easier.

Clicker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ClickPuppet new release

New Update with significant changes under the hood. The active setup only requires 3 local values, there are some new onionskin transparency options and I've added an initialisation screen, so it's much simpler to use.
    I'll upload some videos today to show the process.
    You need to install the outline shader from Konidias. It's in the zip file and is currently only directx9.
    ClickPuppet2019_Beta1ORelease.zip

Clicker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correction Konidias shared the link. The outline shader is from https://www.dynamicarcade.co.uk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast