User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's the minimum spec for a MM2 Windows Game/application

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the minimum spec for a MM2 Windows Game/application

Specifically I've just got a failure notice from steam because my app doesn't run on one of their pcs. The spec is:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    RAM: 8192Mb
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
    GPU Drivers: 26.20.11015.9003

Is there any reason an MMF2 build would crash after a few minutes on this spec?

Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    MMF2 or Fusion 2.5?

If it's the former, it's no longer supported. If it's Fusion 2.5 then it should be running on those specs.

If it is indeed Fusion 2.5, you would need some further information as to what this 'crash' involves, otherwise we're just shooting in the dark...
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    MMF2 or Fusion 2.5?

If it's the former, it's no longer supported. If it's Fusion 2.5 then it should be running on those specs.

If it is indeed Fusion 2.5, you would need some further information as to what this 'crash' involves, otherwise we're just shooting in the dark...
    Yes its Fusion 2.5+ with the latest DLC. I've requested more info from STeam but they take a while to get back. This is all the info I have:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Failure:
    Your build has failed our review because it crashes on Windows shortly after being launched through Steam.

The app shuts down after a few minutes of inactivity after being booted.

The same crash occurs after clicking the executable file in the install directory.

We only seem to encounter this issue on one of our PCs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    RAM: 8192MB
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
    GPU Drivers: 26.20.11015.9003

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is there any way for you to test this yourself through Steam? ie: launching on Steam client and then waiting for a few minutes of activity?

It's certainly nothing to do with the specs, per se. Seems like it could be a bug with 2.5 or 2.5+

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Is there any way for you to test this yourself through Steam? ie: launching on Steam client and then waiting for a few minutes of activity?

It's certainly nothing to do with the specs, per se. Seems like it could be a bug with 2.5 or 2.5+
    Yeah I tried that. It doesn't crash at my end (same as on all the other PCS they tested on).

Whats annoying is that it only crashed on just 'one' of their PCS...so it's pretty hard (if not impossible) to duplicate without getting a PC with exactly the same setup as theirs

Are AMD Radeons fully supported in MMF2.5?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That IS frustrating indeed... There have been issues with AMD chipsets in the past but not for a while now. It would be hard to say what this issue is without any further information or the ability to replicate it...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @grimmy : In case you’ve not tried it: UNcheck the “use high performance“ GPU option in the runtime properties, it solved a very similar issue with my game we encountered on internal QA.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a AMD Radeon HD monitor - and my pc is very close to those specs - just an older version of the monitor and a little less CPU.

I can test something for you, if you want?

I've not had an issue with Fusion - but then I only have 2.5 not 2.5+. In any event, I would just need an .exe, not the .mfa so it shouldn't matter.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    @grimmy: In case you’ve not tried it: UNcheck the “use high performance“ GPU option in the runtime properties, it solved a very similar issue with my game we encountered on internal QA.

Thanks everyone. I will try submitting again soon with this option unchecked and see what they say.

If it fails again I'll go for the next option (Janette)

Fingers crossed. I will update you when I know more.

Thanks for the hope!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The specs they gave you has only 1 graphics card - as does my PC. On my PC it makes no difference if the Use high Performance GPU button is ticked or not - because there's only 1 graphics card - it will work either way.

But if anyone wants me to check if there's a problem with 2.5+ and an AMD Radeon - just send me any .exe built with 2.5+ that uses a lot of graphics - and the same one built without 2.5+ - it doesn't actually have to work - it's just to see that it opens correctly & maybe transition to a next frame or something.

Instructions on how to do the latter:

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Hmm, rename cfex.dll in the Fusion directory. If Fusion can't load this file the DLC won't be detected, this way you can test if your MFA is compatible. And then rename it back to cfex.dll.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast