User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's the minimum spec for a MM2 Windows Game/application

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette5 View Post
    The specs they gave you has only 1 graphics card - as does my PC. On my PC it makes no difference if the Use high Performance GPU button is ticked or not - because there's only 1 graphics card - it will work either way.
    This option typically relates to whether to force usage of the dedicated graphics card (in your case the Radeon) or the integrated graphics chip that lives on the CPU. So unless you have a CPU without any sort of integrated graphics capability (rare nowadays) you do in a sense have two graphics 'cards'.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    True, but most motherboards disable the onboard chipset by default when a PCI-E Graphics Card is detected.

You can run them side by side as I do though...
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel we should have a "force integrated graphics" option too. That being said, none of the setups I had available in my Fusion live used the dedicated graphics chip by default for running Fusion games.
    Don't know why but Outbuddies runs a lot better on integrated graphics on a lot of setups we tested, some dedicated cards even struggled to maintain 60FPS, while a middle-class CPU would manage 150-200 FPS on integrated graphics. I would love to find out more about the possible reasons for this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    That being said, none of the setups I had available in my Fusion live used the dedicated graphics chip by default for running Fusion games.
    Don't know why but Outbuddies runs a lot better on integrated graphics on a lot of setups we tested
    My hunch (which certainly could be wrong) is that both of these things have something to do with your game not running in true fullscreen (you use Ultimate Fullscreen Object IIRC).

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    My hunch (which certainly could be wrong) is that both of these things have something to do with your game not running in true fullscreen (you use Ultimate Fullscreen Object IIRC).
    That may very well be the thing, it’s basically a desktop app, and windows is probably optimized for that compared to gaming cards. It may even be not compatible with some setups. That’s why I would really love to have that force integrated GPU option, just to make sure

The sad thing is I had managed to get my setup running on real FS too, but it only works on Win 7 and 8

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @grimmy: In case you’ve not tried it: UNcheck the “use high performance“ GPU option in the run-time properties, it solved a very similar issue with my game we encountered on internal QA.
    Well, maybe it was luck but I switched the “use high performance“ check box to OFF; resubmitted to steam and the app sailed through fine. This was the only change I made.

The app still runs at the same speed and exactly the same way as before as far as all my test went.

Thank You Julian82. You saved my life!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool!! Very happy for you and good luck with the release

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool!! Very happy for you and good luck with the release

Oh yes and not forgetting the quick plug for the app here:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1038000/Makross/

..and its out in July/August!

Thanks again everyone!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nice stuff. Curious as to how you managed to get this on Steam? I looked a couple of weeks ago and it seemed they weren't accepting new apps... Unless I was looking in the wrong place?!
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danny, as far as I can see they're accepting games - but not other software: https://partner.steamgames.com/steamdirect - last paragraph.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast