User Tag List

Thread: Attacks Colliding with Objects Behind Me

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Attacks Colliding with Objects Behind Me

Hi there,
    Got a weird bug going on here that has me completely stumped.
    Like in Zelda or something, there are some objects that can be destroyed in certain ways. However, some of these things (not all of them) are getting hit and destroyed when I attack away from them, seemingly only if I'm in the 32x32 tile next to that object.
    I've uploaded a video to show what's happening as best I can:

I've explored the animations to make sure none are facing the wrong way for 1 frame or anything like that, but I have no idea.

Thanks for your time!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Addition discovery: Oddly enough, it only seems to happen after I've already destroyed something, not before.
    I've tested the rocks and grass, none of them get destroyed when facing away until I've destroyed something else.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are the weapon hitboxes being made/positioned? I can see that they're in the right position during gameplay video but I didn't see the code for it in the video. Are the hitboxes for the weapons being placed to the left/right/above/below the player in the same line that the weapon hitboxes are being made, or in a later event? If it's in a later event (and that event line is below the event where you test for the collision) then that might explain it

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you isolate the problem by making a small mfa with only the collision problem error of the small rocks and character I’m sure I could find the issue or it may become apparent to you what the issue is by isolating the fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenx View Post
    How are the weapon hitboxes being made/positioned?
    Good point, I should have included that too.
    They're being done by the character shooting the weapon hitbox object at 0 speed in the direction he's facing (which is stored in a value depending on last direction held, 0 for up, 1 for right, etc).
    It has a seperate event for which weapon equipped (1-4), and which level that weapon is (1-9), and immediately after pressing the attack button, it changes the fired hitbox into the appropriate animation for the weapon and level.

Image2.png

Quote Originally Posted by aenever View Post
    If you isolate the problem by making a small mfa with only the collision problem error of the small rocks and character I’m sure I could find the issue or it may become apparent to you what the issue is by isolating the fault.
    With how much I've already made in the game, that could be a pain in the butt to remove everything else without accidentally removing something that contributes to what I'm trying to check. I shall keep that in mind though in case I can't figure it out, or can find no better way to do it. It's so strange, I've been using the Clickteam programs for over 20 years now, and never had anything like this happen before.

Thank ya so far!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its most likely to do with the position of the initial creation of the hitbox. It most likely touches the target even though it is launched in the opposite direction because its created at the X and Y of your Drakiah character.

I would created an active at an XY of your choice, rather than create it from your character and launch it at 0 speed. It would give you more control over where it's created for each direction & it would avoid your current issue.

If you need help setting it up PM me. Yet I'm sure you'll work it out now that you'll understand why the error is occurring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aenever View Post
    I think its most likely to do with the position of the initial creation of the hitbox.
    Oh my gosh, it really was that simple... It was because of the Stopped animation of the weapon hitbox, so before it could change the animation to the direction I'm attacking, there must have been a fraction of a second that it was hitting in another direction. Now I feel very dumb, it should have been obvious.
    Though I still find it very strange that the attacks going the wrong way didn't start happening until after I destroyed a rock/cut some grass... But that is a mystery that no longer needs to be solved, it's all working now. Hours of confusion, trying to figure out other ways to program the attacking, and it ends up being as simple as changing the Stopped animation to be centered on the character hitbox, instead of sticking out to the sides.

Thanks for the help, glad that's solved, on with the fun!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to here