User Tag List

Thread: Text Blitter animated demo, blits fine but has local coordinates issue when scrolling

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Text Blitter animated demo, blits fine but has local coordinates issue when scrolling

blitcreddemo.mfa

I've making a demo using Chris Burrow's text blitter, and I'm having a little trouble with getting the text to work when the screen scrolls. It uses alt values to position itself and the text blitter, and they're mapped to the screen coordinates. I've tried as best as I can to adjust them to be relative to the screen movement, but it's proving difficult in a couple of places.

I'm also using an old tween widget to make the text bob, which controls the Y position from values as well. I think this part could be improved, but my trigs not great enough for me to want to get into that right now

When the screen doesn't move, the text renders correctly like this:
    blit1.PNG

But when the screen moves to the right, each letter gets a bit offset:
    blit2.PNG

Worse yet, if the screen scrolls to the left:
    blit3.PNG

Up and down is also a problem:
    blit4.PNG

There's also a bug I couldn't figure out whereby the first line only renders the first letter, all of the other characters are offset by a mile:
    blit5.jpg

I tried to fix it, but I couldn't find any consistent reason why this first line does this, it would be interesting to see what anyone else thinks

Here's the example:
    blitcreddemo.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, some interesting things; firstly, setting this:
    setpos1.PNG
    Seems to cause an unexpected behavior whereby the objects coordinates and "follow the frame" screws with the coefficient of the screen, causing the first letter to escape through before the screen moves to its new position. All other letters in the first line are broken until the new line is started.

I've disabled the tween and tried to set both the X and Y persistently from alt values, but I can't seem to make either work correctly since X Left Frame, Y Bottom Frame, etc, all seem to work strangely when used with layer coefficients of 0.

I'm continuing to try and figure this out, but it just seems to be a maze of setting one position and Fusion setting it's own position in unpredictable ways.

New mfa: blitcreddemoTst2.mfa

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, fixed:
    blitFinal.mfa

Basically, unchecking "follow the frame" and using 0 coefficients does not work with manually set X/Y positions from values, just manually set the position from the frame edge and completely forget about using 0 coefficients and un-checking "follow the frame".