User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to scope collision against physics background?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to scope collision against physics background?

Hello, does somebody know why does the collision here in this example not work correct?!

Frame 1 - Ground is set to Physics Background Movement = Collision is strange acting.
    Frame 2 - Ground is set to Static Movement = Collision works perfect fine.

You can toggle collision via clicking on the objects seperate or toggle all at once via button.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've spent a little while playing around with your MFA, and I gotta say it's pretty confusing. The only thing I'm certain of is that I'm glad I don't use the inbuilt physics movements myself

I noticed another weird oddity that makes absolutely no sense to me, that may or may not be obtusely related to your problem. If you add this event (#3), hitting spacebar doesn't actually do anything:

.....but then if you deactivate event #4, spacebar suddenly starts to work, for some reason:

...though it only works 'sort of'. When you hold down the spacebar, it slows the boxes but doesn't actually stop them. They seem to inherently want to move. I don't know if this is related to your problem, but to me, the fact that a "stop" command doesn't actually make the objects stop seems to put the whole rest of the endeavor on shaky ground, no pun intended.

As for scoping, there's one problem I noticed. Each box collides with the ground many times, since it collides every time it bounces. Adding a counter that increases by 1 on each collision confirms this:

Therefore it seems plausible to me that sometimes, more than one box will collide during the same frame (when one lands from high, another might still be doing a little bounce). In this case, this event seems problematic to me:

If 2 blue boxes have collided with the background on this loop, then will both green boxes have their ID checked in this event, or only one?

You can work around this potential issue by utilising a forEach loop, to make sure that if multiple boxes are triggering that event, then they each get checked individually:

But that just makes matters worse because if you do that, the boxes will all fall off the ground as soon as they've stopped bouncing. There's that refusal to stop again. But I don't see why the addition of a forEach loop would do that. None of this makes much sense to me.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Volnaiskra for you time and analysis, your just the best

Maybe your right and i should just give up with physics, in the non-physical movement the scoping is actually very straight forward and logical but in the physics engine i just don't understand it, i can also not find any info about how this all is even implemented in physics and supposed to work, its like a blackbox.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is also a more basic example, it shows clearly the scoping against the physics bg does just not work.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The physics engine is very quirky, but you set up everything correctly, that find is clearly a bug and should be reported @Yves .

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... yes lets hope its only a small bug

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No idea if it's easy to fix yet, I don't understand what happens. It's an object selection issue, it works when there is a single object, it fails if there is another object with the collision flag set to 1...

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It seems fixable though this can't be done in the current build as it's close to release and this fix will need to be tested to detect any possible side effect.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it does not work for a single object too.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It does work with a single object, I tested it, maybe you've a different MFA than mine. Anyway I saw where the problem comes from. Not very easy to fix, so this will be done in the next build after the next release version.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast