User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Can i script a raycaster?

  1. #1
    Clicker Fusion 2.5

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Canada, British Columbia
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Can i script a raycaster?

    Yeah, i am currently working on my new game, i want raycasting as i cannot afford firefly for 3D (and i am also a really s### 3D Modeler) And i do not want to spend a single dime on the raycaster engine for Fusion. So my question is, is it possible to make a raycasting "Engine" inside fusion with either Lua or Python scripting?
    Thanks for feedback.

    ~Star

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator

    Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    nivram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bandon, Oregon
    Posts
    6,771
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirAlez View Post
    Yeah, i am currently working on my new game, i want raycasting as i cannot afford firefly for 3D (and i am also a really s### 3D Modeler) And i do not want to spend a single dime on the raycaster engine for Fusion. So my question is, is it possible to make a raycasting "Engine" inside fusion with either Lua or Python scripting?
    Thanks for feedback.

    ~Star
    Hi SirAlez. How about P3D in the Click Store?

    Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

  3. #3
    Clicker Fusion 2.5

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Canada, British Columbia
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nivram View Post
    Hi SirAlez. How about P3D in the Click Store?

    Marv
    The thing is it costs "money" and i did say i didn't want to buy one, though thanks for helping anyway

  4. #4
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    FusionFortress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use extensions that allow you to code on LUA but i've never understood how to work with that, there are plenty of tutorials of Simple raycast engines out there though. There's a really nice OpenGL 3D Tutorial on youtube made by AboudiObeidi that might help you, the .mfa is free but it needs an OpenGL extension.

  5. #5
    Clicker Fusion 2.5

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Canada, British Columbia
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FusionFortress View Post
    You can use extensions that allow you to code on LUA but i've never understood how to work with that, there are plenty of tutorials of Simple raycast engines out there though. There's a really nice OpenGL 3D Tutorial on youtube made by AboudiObeidi that might help you, the .mfa is free but it needs an OpenGL extension.
    Thank you ^^

  6. #6
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Volnaiskra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    www.sprykegame.com
    Posts
    2,555
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, to be young again, when your time is so plentiful it's less important than your money. Those were the days....

Similar Threads

  1. need help with using raycaster.
    By JakeG in forum Fusion 2.5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 3rd May 2016, 04:05 PM
  2. I need help with raycaster!!
    By Jtwisawesomeofficial in forum Fusion 2.5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 1st November 2015, 04:20 AM
  3. Raycaster question!
    By JGooler in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18th November 2010, 08:13 PM
  4. Raycaster Object
    By Kisguri in forum Released Extensions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd November 2009, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •