User Tag List

Thread: Android Phone vs Tablet Orientation advice needed

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Android Phone vs Tablet Orientation advice needed

I'm confused about the way landscape vs portrait is handled on Android. So I'm forcing my app in a portrait layout and my phone is 1080x1920 (width x height) but am I wrong in thinking that if my app is run on a 1080p tablet it would think that the width is 1920 and height 1080 or are tablet orientations handled the same way as a phone? I don't have a tablet to test on so that's why I'm asking here.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In Fusion you have a width and height property for various things and this is relative to the current orientation of your phone. If you force portrait mode, 1080x1920 and then run it on a tablet which you're looking at as landscape, but which is still forced to portrait, then everything will be sideways by 90 degrees.

If you wish to support different orientations you will have to make your app adapt to these dynamically, or offer two versions.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    If you force portrait mode, 1080x1920 and then run it on a tablet which you're looking at as landscape, but which is still forced to portrait, then everything will be sideways by 90 degrees.
    Thanks Simon, I understand! That's exactly what I'm looking for!