User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help to learn ID and connect objects

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Need help to learn ID and connect objects

I always tear my hair out when I get to a point in my games where I need to handle ID instances of objects that have "connected" parts. It just feels like it is impossible to do in any coherrent logical and bulletproof way. It often just becomes a big mess that might work out in the end but feels like a big patchwork that has many potential bugs. Is there any good tutorial or document out there where one can dive deep into handling instances of objects and connecting them to ID in a reliable way?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    I always tear my hair out when I get to a point in my games where I need to handle ID instances of objects that have "connected" parts. It just feels like it is impossible to do in any coherrent logical and bulletproof way. It often just becomes a big mess that might work out in the end but feels like a big patchwork that has many potential bugs. Is there any good tutorial or document out there where one can dive deep into handling instances of objects and connecting them to ID in a reliable way?
    For my current project Clickpuppet I use two separate objects a "brain", which contans the variables and animations, and a "body" which contains all the images to make the character work. I set a GroupID (shared by all the components of that character) and a PartID(which is uniques to each part) when I create the character. In the walking character here https://community.clickteam.com/threads/105925-ClickPuppet-new-animation-tool-for-fusion/page2 I have 16 body parts, the brain and 8 animations working perfectly. So far I 've had up to a dozen character's at once, running a loop on the various brain's in the frame and then having each brain loop call a body loop. Every error so far has been user error

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnArtbox View Post
    For my current project Clickpuppet I use two separate objects a "brain", which contans the variables and animations, and a "body" which contains all the images to make the character work. I set a GroupID (shared by all the components of that character) and a PartID(which is uniques to each part) when I create the character. In the walking character here https://community.clickteam.com/threads/105925-ClickPuppet-new-animation-tool-for-fusion/page2 I have 16 body parts, the brain and 8 animations working perfectly. So far I 've had up to a dozen character's at once, running a loop on the various brain's in the frame and then having each brain loop call a body loop. Every error so far has been user error
    Sounds nice! Do you know when the first proper release of clickpuppet will be?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.sprykegame.com/volblog/w...team-fusion-25

I wrote this a while ago. It might help.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is simple. Tell me what causes you the biggest problem and I will try to explain it to you.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Sounds nice! Do you know when the first proper release of clickpuppet will be?
    Aiming for the next beta in two weeks. After that I think it will become a tool that is adapted/modified on a project basis.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds great and I am looking forward to this.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    https://www.sprykegame.com/volblog/w...team-fusion-25

I wrote this a while ago. It might help.
    Thanks I have actually read that once, but will re-read it : ) Btw, did you make any other such tips posts? (you mentioned 30)

Quote Originally Posted by aa2953b4 View Post
    It is simple. Tell me what causes you the biggest problem and I will try to explain it to you.
    Hmmm.. everything.. :P It just becomes quite a mess and I feel like I am trying to patch together a broken mess of events. Nothing behaves logical (to me). If you think it is simple and could make a small example it would be super helpful if you have the time : )

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started it but it was taking up too much time so I never finished it

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    I started it but it was taking up too much time so I never finished it

Ah ok! After reading you article again though I think the solution to my problems might be to use more for each loops instead of regular events with ID checks, will dive in again into my project and see!. The fixed ID was a neat way also to not have to deal with manual ID:s as much.

Btw, do you or anyone know when running a "for each for two objects" might be useful? I have never used that event.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast