Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Can't hide navigation bar on cell phone

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your tests.

I don't know how people without the developer version would be able to use the Android module without this feature and it doesn't seem fair to me to take something away from everyone and only give it back to a select few.
    I agree, I allowed it only because it was supposed to be not mandatory. This will be fixed.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ticking the box -
    maximized on boot up and not having any other setting resulted in the game opening with navigation bar and title bar showing.
    Unable to hide them - any attempt to hide them resulted in the navigation bar popping up like before. However, I could play the games minimized without interference and the game displayed correctly although with the navigation bar and title bar showing. I only tested this on my phone, not on my tablets.
    can you explain this more, what is this box value you are referring? are you sure fullscreen mode is set correctly?

You no longer have the feature in Fusion to switch between full screen and window mode at all. This was completely removed by these changes
    Hide / Show Navigation bar does not work correctly.
    Hide / Show Title / Action bar does not work correctly. (In immersive mode it will show it briefly - so I guess that would be deemed to work correctly - it's just not permanent like it was before.)
    this never existed during runtime, can you explain this more.

Hide / Show Navigation bar does not work correctly.
    how are you using this, and what you expect? it show and hide here normally, now if you want this to be immersive you need to set immersive.

I don't know how people without the developer version would be able to use the Android module without this feature and it doesn't seem fair to me to take something away from everyone and only give it back to a select few.
    Basically there are two type of layout to use
    Game fullscreen
    Application regular theme (you can not show action bar with display status bar hide)

I did not take anything away the only correction I did was that I don't show action bar when display status bar is hidden as REQUEST of Google as mentioned in above post. even though I let this to be done manually for developer version.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if full screen is set correctly - I've never used it before. The only button I could find was under Game Properties / Window: Maximized at boot up - that is the button I ticked.

I've always had my Android games do the following: They open in window mode* - and then there's a button you can click - which was linked to the hide navigation bar button - and if you clicked that - then the navigation bar and title bar would disappear and the game would go full screen and remain that way - it sometimes messed up if returning from pause and I used the Android + object to set that back i.e. game returning from pause + global value set - hide the navigation bar. I never used the hide title bar button - as hiding the navigation bar also hid that - on my devices. This feature up to 292.7 worked great - I used it myself to switch between full screen and window mode constantly when I was testing or playing my games. I've never had a complaint or comment about this from anybody playing or testing my games either.

*On a tablet, the navigation bar would keep popping up on my test tablet if I tried to hide it or if I opened the game in full screen - so doing it this way, solved the problem (I removed the button if the device was a tablet).

The situation as I tested it this morning was:

If I don't tick the button "maximized at boot up" - I still have the exact same problem that the navigation bar pops up and stays open over my game (which makes the game unplayable) - this happens with all my games.

I I tick the button "maximized at boot up" - and if I don't choose immersive mode - everything works correctly but the navigation bar and title bar always displays i.e. I can't go full screen. It also means that people who don't have the developer version won't be able to release their games in full screen mode (I would not recommend they do - as the navigation bar pop-up will cause an issue for some players - depending on their devices - and they don't have the option to set immersive mode on.)

If I put in the command "immersive mode" then I can go full screen - everything works correctly, but the game has to stay in full screen immersive mode.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't know if full screen is set correctly - I've never used it before. The only button I could find was under Game Properties / Window: Maximized at boot up - that is the button I ticked.
    Oh Sorry now I understand this does not work in mobile, in android you have to handle only these two features to obtain fullscreen.

FullScreen.png

I've always had my Android games do the following: They open in window mode* - and then there's a button you can click - which was linked to the hide navigation bar button - and if you clicked that - then the navigation bar and title bar would disappear and the game would go full screen and remain that way - it sometimes messed up if returning from pause and I used the Android + object to set that back i.e. game returning from pause + global value set - hide the navigation bar. I never used the hide title bar button - as hiding the navigation bar also hid that - on my devices. This feature up to 292.7 worked great - I used it myself to switch between full screen and window mode constantly when I was testing or playing my games. I've never had a complaint or comment about this from anybody playing or testing my games either.
    Is not the correct setting that why you were getting this behavior, indeed you are mention here the cause I did recode this.

If I put in the command "immersive mode" then I can go full screen - everything works correctly, but the game has to stay in full screen immersive mode.
    this is the mode android came up to solve the nav bar behavior in order to keep fullscreen layout (available from api 19) and not to show the bar unless user need it in case of an user operation; filling a control, with keyboard show and have control on it and hide keyboard manually, or anything that expected to be cancelled like, a purchase, dialog, admob inters/video, there is not other way and it is not correct being switching mode, that cause a performance issue since you are making the OS observe this, you may notice the FPS changes when the nav bar is showing this speed change is because OS(NOT Runtime) is checking for the nav bar status, imagine making a scroll game using this concept will be very bad.

Something that you can be sure, and now you can test, when you are coming from pause, other dialog, you always have the correct nav behavior.

As mentioned by Yves, in previous post, the immersive mode command will be added in Android Object too for standard fusion users.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was doing the full screen wrong. I retested with the status bar:

I have to tick the block "Display Status Bar" for it to work on my Android 4.2 tablet. Any setting that opens the game, with that not ticked, results in the navigation bar popping up over the game every time you touch the screen. I tried with immersive on and with immersive off - it didn't matter. This is not new - this has always been the situation from when I started using Android module on that tablet.

If I have the block ticked "Display Status Bar" and run it on my cell phone with immersive mode set - it ignores that setting anyway and opens it full screen.

Based on "Display Status Bar" is ON. Heading is OFF. Immersive mode is ON.

The game will open / play correctly in full screen.

If I create a toggle for show / hide Navigation Bar - then only the navigation bar will show - the game will reposition correctly.
    But the top bar that has the time, battery life, signal strength etc. remains hidden.

If I include show / hide Action / Title Bar in the toggle switch - then the top bar will display as well as the game name & the game will reposition correctly. Is there any way to have the top bar display without having the game name display as well?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I will review google documentation to see if this is possible without bring any issue back.

================================================== ==========

I did some changes and I test here from 4.4.3 to 9.0, I think this was also one of the problem in the past, if user understand that setting immersive mode and show display status bar. the bar will be overlapping partially the top of the frame and they are Ok with that I can post this changes (this can not be change, this is something from OS)

Display Status Bar ON and Immersive Mode OFF

device-2019-08-06-172207.jpg
    Regular Theme Layout is set normally and not covered by status bar.

Display Status Bar ON and Immersive Mode ON

device-2019-08-06-172222.jpg

note status bar overlap the top of the frame

Status Bar OFF and Immersive ON

device-2019-08-06-173748.jpg

interesting in test for android device 4.2, let me know to send a PM with the new runtime
    Images attachées Images attachées
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all,

with 292.14 everything works smoothly !!! I can manage to hide the navigation bar all the time. Thanks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4