User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Can't hide navigation bar on cell phone

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 @alperoz49 any update on this issue? Is this OK now with the changes Fernando suggested that you do in your apps? (= without heading and status bar you should get the immersive full-screen mode)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't a settings issue.

If I started in full screen mode, the navigation bar would pop up after 2 frames and it wouldn't hide again - it would remain visible over part of my game. It was impossible to switch to window mode because the commands in the Android object to hide the navigation / title bars did nothing.

If I started in window mode, the navigation bar would pop up right from the start and the command hide / show navigation bar in the Android object would do nothing.

The reason I don't start in full screen mode is because this issue of the navigation bar popping up exists on my tablet - and has since I started using Fusion. If I start in full screen mode to solve the issue on my cell phone - then I'll have an issue on my tablet - and vice versa.

(My games written in GameMaker Studio 1 go full screen on my cell phone and automatically reposition themselves above my navigation bar on my tablet - and I'm not doing that - the software is.)

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So if I read you correctly the changes made by Fernando create a problem that can't be solved either by other settings or actions in your application, correct?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes.

In 292.10 - The navigation bar pops up when I touch the screen and doesn't go away again - on my cell phone.
    The command show / hide navigation bar doesn't work on my cell phone.
    The command show / hide title bar doesn't work on my cell phone.

In versions prior to 292.8 - these commands worked correctly. They didn't work correctly in 292.8 either - but I had the opposite issue - it worked on my cell phone but not on my tablet.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    @Janette5 @alperoz49 any update on this issue? Is this OK now with the changes Fernando suggested that you do in your apps? (= without heading and status bar you should get the immersive full-screen mode)
    Hi Yves,

1-) Navigation bar still cannot be always hidden. I observed more it acts this way :

if I set an action to hide the navigation bar within the event editor (always -> hide navigation bar) the frame starts with no visible navigation bar.
    Whenever I click on an object or section on the screen, actually I am not clicking on the object or the section but on the frame itself and this forces navigation bar to react my tap. The first tap always forces the navigation bar to pop up.
    Then the navigation bar wants to hide because of the event I set and I have only a few seconds to tap on object/section before the navigation bar goes down again. if it goes down (it does in few seconds) then my first tap again forces navigation bar to pop up again.

Before the update, it never showed but when I set always-> hide navigation bar so my tap is not recognized to control navigation bar. Now cannot be hidden forever.

I don't know what causes this because my settings are exactly the same. I tried Fernando's suggestions but no good.

2-) I also mentioned that Admob was not showing correctly after update. I resolved that :

before the update, I was showing the Admob object in a second layer. (in the past it was not showing when I put it in the same layer) Now I once again show it in the same layer with the interface and there are no issues.

As a workaround, I don't hide the navigation bar but instead, I always show it. It makes more sense for my apps but could be a huge problem on games that require the whole screen and lots of tapping.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A game should use fullscreen theme from beginning which is done setting heading OFF and Display Status bar OFF, starting this way will use the fullscreen theme + entering in immersive mode, this was recoded entirely to make 100% usable by user, if user start from heading ON and Display Status bar ON (this will use a device action bar theme) but can entered in immersive mode as per commands

* Start of Frame
    Android object : Hide action/title bar
    Android object : Hide Navigation bar
    AndroidPlus : Set Inmersive mode to 1

This will make sense and comply with the google rule

in a bit I will publish the new approach for handling this which merely require to add a new action, this change is done since you should not entered in immersive and fullscreen mode simply by hiding the nav bar, other user will not have the feature of hide and show bar as intended for regular application and was not guarantee to work in all cases, that why the need to be recode as intended, remember the runtime is leaving behind device under 14 which at that time handling the fullscreen and nav bar in a totally different way.

About some users mention that when showing AdMob; interstitial, reward video , GPG objects, dialog have the navigation bar showed this is totally correct since the OS understand that user may cancel theses operation and it shows the nav bar to allow user to do that using back button. This does not happen in chartboost since they keep it full control and you can only cancel pressing the X.

Please let me now if you want to participate in the beta of this new mode.
    Images attachées Images attachées
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also having trouble with this: the navigation bar pops up to stay, even though I tell it to hide. I have tried to tell it to hide in many different ways too, by "Always", and by any touch... Can't remember all of the ways I've tried atm, but have been tinkering around with this a few days now - testing to "dim navigation bar" instead, testing to combine "dim.." and "hide.." but instead the navigation bar either covers the bottom of my game(game-breaker in my case), or squeezes (resizes) the screen from bottom up for the space of the navigation bar(done with using only "dim..", which is the best solution for now, but it is a bit annoying for my game-play to have those buttons available during the play).

What I have noticed while testing is that the navigation bar does hide, but as soon as I touch anywhere on the screen it shows up again. It is as if the first touch after that the navigation bar has hidden, is telling it to show itself again..

When testing, I'm exporting the game as an Android version 7.1 APK with API 25, running the game on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium in Android v. 9.

PS: Noticed that sometimes I can work my way around the issue in-game, by having the "Resume" button of my pause screen attempting to "hide the navigation bar", which will only work until next touch. However, sometimes when I tab out of the window - leave the app in the background and return to it, this can remove the navigation bar.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    standard version you need to start from fullscreen or regular theme

you have not immersive mode in standard version
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Also, make sure you use the build 292.11, available as beta for 1 day. It fixes an issue.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tested beta 292.11:

Tried a variety of settings with the game not maximized on boot up - which all resulted in the navigation bar still popping up.

Ticking the box - maximized on boot up and not having any other setting resulted in the game opening with navigation bar and title bar showing.
    Unable to hide them - any attempt to hide them resulted in the navigation bar popping up like before. However, I could play the games minimized without interference and the game displayed correctly although with the navigation bar and title bar showing. I only tested this on my phone, not on my tablets.

Ticking the box - maximized on boot up and setting immersive mode to on:

Huawei Phone - opened full screen, remained full screen and I could play the game no problem.
    Tablet with Android 4.2 - opened in window mode, and I could play the game no problem (navigation and title bar showing) - but game positioned correctly between them.
    Tablet with Android 4.4 - opened in full screen and I could play the game no problem.

You no longer have the feature in Fusion to switch between full screen and window mode at all. This was completely removed by these changes
    Hide / Show Navigation bar does not work correctly.
    Hide / Show Title / Action bar does not work correctly. (In immersive mode it will show it briefly - so I guess that would be deemed to work correctly - it's just not permanent like it was before.)

I don't know how people without the developer version would be able to use the Android module without this feature and it doesn't seem fair to me to take something away from everyone and only give it back to a select few.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast