Hello Fusioneers! Firstly, I tried to post this in the Developer Services Section but can't as I haven't bought Fusion..yet! If an admin could move it there that would be helpful- Thanks.
I’ve been tasked with creating a GPS ‘Guided Tour’ style app for a tourist spot: Rudyard Lake in Staffordshire, UK.
To be honest, I really don’t know the foggiest about making apps. I initially contacted various Tour guide App makers and we were quoted between £3K-£7K, plus £500/year costs. Ouch!
I have also been considering using Fusion. I used to use Click & Create back in the day (20 years ago now, so rusty!) but understand it’s now possible to build apps with it that have GPS features/functionality.
I am looking for someone to collaborate with to get this made fairly quickly. I should be able to handle creating the tours (graphics, photos, copy) and basic event editor stuff but need someone to help out with the technical side of things.
Ideally someone who:
• Is (very) skilled in Fusion.
• Has experience using Fusion to make apps for iOS/android?
• Can offer assistance in making the basic foundations for the map & UI, knows the correct resolutions to use and whatnot.
• Has a mac, knowledge of x-code, android and apple development?
• Knows how to use Fusion’s GPS stuff, e.g to create beacons from coordinates.
• Can work via phone, skype chat, dropbox etc to send files/updates.
There’s about £1000 in it for the right person, obv. depending on how much work is involved and what you can bring to the proverbial table!
If you’re interested please send me a PM, any suggestions on how to go about making this along with some examples of apps you’ve made would be a bonus.
More info about the app:
- We ideally want it to be for Android & iOS
- There will be a main menu allowing the user to choose between several small ‘tours’/guides. e.g Canoe Trail, Walking, Fishing, Steam Train
- When the user gets within a GPS ‘beacon’, a small ‘pop up’ will open within the app, playing audio, showing pictures and text (similar to a basic phone website).
- The user should be able to pinch zoom in and out of the map, (e.g frame bigger than screen size) and also be able to open the info panels by pressing on the beacons (so it works without GPS too).
- This might be a bit ambitious but it would also be good to include a couple of really simple games such as fishing.. possibly a boat related one or treasure hunt? Just an idea.
Here a few mockup screenshots, (the colour scheme will hopefully be much nicer!)
RudyardApp 1 - Title Screen Dark.jpg
RudyardApp 4 - Activity Screen Dark.jpg
RudyardApp 5 - Canoe Trail.jpg
RudyardApp 6 - Canoe Trail Zoomed.jpg
RudyardApp 9 - Info Popup.jpg