User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New in-app purchase crash reports appeared after upgrading to 292.10

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New in-app purchase crash reports appeared after upgrading to 292.10

Okay, so it's a bit difficult to tell if this is a problem just for me, or if this is something general, because I haven't been able to build the game with a version higher than 3.3.2 of gradle, so this could be part of the issue, but I've been receiving a new type of in-app purchase crash with version 292.10 that I didn't have with any Clickteam Fusion versions prior to 292.7

Can anyone who has a game with 292.10 published take a quick look at their crash report logs and see if they have this error as well? The error appears pretty often and it increases my crash report percentage significantly. On a more positive note, it looks like the CreateSurface error from 292.7 does no longer appear in version 292.10.

Here is the crash log of the new error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException:

at Extensions.InAppControl.startSetup (InAppControl.java:175)

at Extensions.CRunInAppAndroid.createRunObject (CRunInAppAndroid.java:416)

at Objects.CExtension.init (CExtension.java:85)

at RunLoop.CRun.f_CreateObject (CRun.java:1622)

at RunLoop.CRun.createFrameObjects (CRun.java:866)

at RunLoop.CRun.initRunLoop (CRun.java:564)

at Application.CRunApp.startTheFrame (CRunApp.java:1027)

at Application.CRunApp.playApplication (CRunApp.java:770)

at Application.CRunTimerTask.run (CRunTimerTask.java:52)

at android.os.Handler.handleCallback (Handler.java:873)

at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:99)

at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:214)

at android.app.ActivityThread.main (ActivityThread.java:6986)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Native Method)

at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsC aller.run (RuntimeInit.java:493)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main (ZygoteInit.java:1445)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same, plus another one that is the most crash reports i get:

1st in crash report list:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    emplacement : Extensions.InAppControl.queryPurchases

Second: (no in-app related)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    emplacement : OpenGL.CTextSurface.manualClear

Third:
    java.lang.IllegalStateException
    emplacement : Extensions.InAppControl.startSetup

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Gents need time, i need to migrate this object to a full new API and need time, count with you for testing it?

@ By any chances are you using are INAPP object in two different frames?
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I'm using it in multiple frames. I've always used it like that and I've always had the Extensions.InAppControl.queryPurchases error that Dobberman also has, but the new in app purchase error appeared without me changing anything other than the Clickteam version.

I need to use the in app purchase in different frames because Google told me in a mail that I must verify if there were new purchases or refunds each time when a user resumes the app. So aside from the purchase menu, I also need to do verifications of the purchases in the game itself. It's also because I have some buttons at the end of each book that allow you to purchase the next book directly, without having to go to the main menu.

I'd love to test the new in app purchase object, but my computer just got busted today, and I had to order a new one. :/

I'll get back to test it when I receive it, most likely at the end of this week, or the beginning of the next one.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I will send u by PM a link for an object for you to try
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Dobermann @Nemeean_lion PM sent with new object for you to test , let me know your results
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a few tests by replacing the Inappandroid.zip file from previous versions to see if the error disappeared.

When I replaced it with the file from 292.7, the StartSetup error disappeared completely, but it was replaced by the older skuDetails error, only much more frequent than before. It seemed as if the startsetup error got replaced by the skudetails error, because they had the same frequency, and the skudetails error does not appear in 292.10

I also tried the file from 291.6, from before gradle, where I was receiving very few skudetails errors with the same code, but unfortunately I couldn't test it for long and I had to revert back to the new version, because it was generating some more serious crashes on older devices which prevented people from playing entirely, probably because of a bad synergy between a pre-gradle file and the other post-gradle files in the Fusion folder.

I'll copy-paste the old skudetails error below. Maybe this helps in some way, while developing the new IAP object. Fyi, the crash rate is not doing good at all, at the moment. I'm at 7% when it used to be at 1.7%, which is way above the threshold. Hopefully, a fix can be found for this soon.

java.lang.NullPointerException:

at Extensions.InAppControl.querySkuDetails (InAppControl.java:755)

at Extensions.InAppControl.queryInventory (InAppControl.java:871)

at Extensions.InAppControl.queryInventory (InAppControl.java:829)

at Extensions.InAppControl$3.run (InAppControl.java:927)

at java.lang.Thread.run (Thread.java:761)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Something that i notice in many implementation is that some condition are not check:

inApp

1.- is Available?

2.- (NO) is Busy?

it is important to check that this condition are meet before requesting any new action
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already put these conditions before the query purchase launches and it didn't make any difference. The only place where I didn't put this is the purchase buttons, but they are already coded in such a way that you can't purchase until the 'query inventory ready' condition is met.

Also, I typically get around 20 purchases a day but I get around 100 IAP crashes a day from 100 different people. These crashes can't be coming from purchases. I haven't heard of anyone telling me that the game crashes when they try to purchase before.

The crash is almost definitely coming from the queries. The only thing I'm wondering is if there aren't also other conditions aside from the 'query inventory' action that launch the skudetails/startsetup functions. For example, do these functions get launched when I check to see if the query inventory is ready? Do they get launched when I use the 'is sku purchased' or 'is sku not purchased' conditions?

If they do, then maybe that could cause a conflict, but I have no idea how these conditions work. The is app billing available and is not busy is checked before launching a query inventory, not before every single condition checking the results of a query inventory.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The crash is almost definitely coming from the queries. The only thing I'm wondering is if there aren't also other conditions aside from the 'query inventory' action that launch the skudetails/startsetup functions. For example, do these functions get launched when I check to see if the query inventory is ready? Do they get launched when I use the 'is sku purchased' or 'is sku not purchased' conditions?
    if the value are not present the condition should return false

simply way of testing get in the frame.
    do not ask for a query but keep the condition see if crash or not.

conditions does not trigger a query request.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast