User Tag List

Thread: Sandbox Snap to Grids?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sandbox Snap to Grids?

Hello! So currently I am trying to add a sandbox feature to a little project of mine.. I figured snap to grid and everything but now I am trying to figure out how to create a limited grid (kinda like in terraria) So I figured out how to make one grid slot (as shown in this gif) but can't seem to figure out the best way to add more grid spots that snap to the games grid like this. but at the same time don't overlap the other grid spots.

Edit: If you are reading this I figured out that gifs upload as jpgs for some reason.. allow me a second to record a quick video heh.

Edit2: here is the video! https://youtu.be/0YWw46RV7qk
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I got you correctly......
    (X_Coordinate/Grid_Size)*Grid_Size

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may need to explain what i am trying to do a bit differently.. So I got the snap to grid already figured out.. im just trying to figure out how to make a grid like this (see picture) where you can only build blocks on the grid but not anywhere else... I figured out how to make it work with one grid object but am having trouble figuring out how to add more grid objects without having to create totally different objects for each grid slot.

Example picture of what I am going for
    Growtopia_2.6.2017_22.54.18-1.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to explain how to do it, but I decided to just make an example instead lol
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gkinfinity View Post
    I was going to explain how to do it, but I decided to just make an example instead lol
    Thank you! but how would I make this grid follow the player?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because if I make this follow the player all of them would clump up in one spot and they would kind of go off the grid a little bit...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I updated the example. This is definitely a little more advanced so hopefully you can follow what's going on. Are you familiar with fastloops?
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gkinfinity View Post
    I updated the example. This is definitely a little more advanced so hopefully you can follow what's going on. Are you familiar with fastloops?
    I have used fast loops before. I didn't have much time to look at it but it seems to make sense.. Just trying to make sense of the math I will definitely get back to you later with questions when I get to look at it again.