User Tag List

Thread: Active Object Random Pool Challenge

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Active Object Random Pool Challenge

Got a challenging situation guys..

Need to find an efficient way to accomplish this task for a project I'm working on at the moment.

1. 18 active objects
    2. Need to randomly select 1 active object out of the pool of 18.
    3. Create that active object instance at a given location on screen through event/actions.
    4. Loop and randomly select another active object and Create randomly at a different screen location.

I realize there is different ways to accomplish this outcome however it seems there is no easy direct way to do this through the given options currently available in fusion 2.5. I know that there is the "Pick random object from zone" which would work well if the "Create Object" had a way through events/actions to allow you to create the active object instance at a given location using eventing/actions. However this doesn't seem to be the case and the "Create Object" is very limited sadly! If anyone can come up with a solution to this problem it would be greatly appreciated indeed! Please post any examples with mfa file attachment if possible. Many thanks in advance guys. God Bless always...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can create an object wherever you want through events. Just set the position of the object directly after in the same event. There is a random pool object. Also you can use a list which you populate with id's beforehand.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the easiest way to do this would be to have an unqie ID in each of these objects and then draw a random number from 1 to 18 (if excluding 0) and create the object that matches that ID drawn

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    You can create an object wherever you want through events. Just set the position of the object directly after in the same event. There is a random pool object. Also you can use a list which you populate with id's beforehand.

" Just set the position of the object directly after in the same event "

This is the problem @Popcorn , I need the events/actions to be able to randomly pick a given location also to create the active object instance at the location randomly selected through the events/actions. The "Create Object" only allows direct selection which will not work in my particular situation here unfortunately!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you misunderstood me. You need to make two actions to position the object dynamically. One action to create the object anywhere, and one to set the position of the object. So in your case you can create the object, then pick a random location from the list, then position the object to that location, and then delete the location from the list so that it wouldn't be picked again. All in one event.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Popcorn - You wouldn't by chance happen to have an example of that in a mfa file would you?