User Tag List

Thread: How do you test if a player is looking at an object in Firefly?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you test if a player is looking at an object in Firefly?

I don't know how to do this or if it's even possible right now. If there's a way, that'd be fantastic! If not then... not so fantastic.

For example, if I want to be able to test if a player is looking at a cube to change it's color, like you're highlighting it.

Or another example, if I want the player to be able to press a button in game by pressing "E" on their keyboard while looking at it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is a difference between looking at and pointing to

looking at means is the object visible to the camera you have 2 expressions for that Is Visible and Is Truely Visible, Is Visible asks if the camera is looking at the object. Is Truely Visible asks is the camera looking at the object and is nothing in is way such as a wall or other object.

if your looking for a pointing to then you can either do it on a mousepick - search this forum for an example of that
    or we now have a Raypicks where you can fire a beam anywhere in 3d space and see if it hits an object for example from your feet to 50 units infront of your feet - if it hits a door then open it etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triadian View Post
    there is a difference between looking at and pointing to

looking at means is the object visible to the camera you have 2 expressions for that Is Visible and Is Truely Visible, Is Visible asks if the camera is looking at the object. Is Truely Visible asks is the camera looking at the object and is nothing in is way such as a wall or other object.

if your looking for a pointing to then you can either do it on a mousepick - search this forum for an example of that
    or we now have a Raypicks where you can fire a beam anywhere in 3d space and see if it hits an object for example from your feet to 50 units infront of your feet - if it hits a door then open it etc
    Awesome! Thank you! I'll try that out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It worked! I didn't even realize that was a feature! Thanks for telling me!