User Tag List

Thread: Creating a backdrop (Active Picture) super fast in Standard but slow in Direct3D

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Creating a backdrop (Active Picture) super fast in Standard but slow in Direct3D

Hi, I noticed that creating backdrops with Standard display mode is super fast, but when I change the display mode to any Direct3D it gets pretty slow...
    I want to know if this is a bug and if this can and will be optimized in a update... Because I thinks this feature can be pretty useful if better compatible with Direct3D display modes...

You can test it with this example:
    RTLight.zip

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I cannot open your file due to not having Overlay object but have you tried checking the Active Picture object's properties for this option?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Humm, well, this makes it as fast as the Standard, but this means that video memory isn't used, so a complex game would need a lot of ram, right?
    I hope they can optimize it to use video memory instead in future updates...

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    >> this means that video memory isn't used

Backdrops work with images in the image bank of the application, so the quantity of RAM used by Create Backdrop will be the same with or without "Software mode" option. The video RAM is used only for images that are recently displayed (a bit more complicated in DX11 more).

The only difference is that if you select "Software mode" the Active Picture object will be slow to display in D3D mode, if you need to display it (no problem if it's just used to create backdrops and is not displayed).