User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When to use the always event

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use never occasionally if I'm temporarily turning things off, or if I want to keep some event somewhere for reference but not actually used. The one advantage that I can see of never is that you can't accidentally activate it. Whereas if you deactivate an event that's inside a group, and then later on you deactivate and reactivate that group, every single event inside that group becomes activated.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recall Nifflas using "Never" to "load sounds" into Fusion memory at start in one of his sound engines. It was just a "Never" condition with a bunch of "play sound x" events in it. I'm not positive, but I assume Fusion will load these sounds since they're referenced, even if they are never played? He had a comment that said the line was to do just that to avoid a small lag the first time a sound is played.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by casleziro View Post
    I recall Nifflas using "Never" to "load sounds" into Fusion memory at start in one of his sound engines. It was just a "Never" condition with a bunch of "play sound x" events in it. I'm not positive, but I assume Fusion will load these sounds since they're referenced, even if they are never played? He had a comment that said the line was to do just that to avoid a small lag the first time a sound is played.
    I've noticed that lag, I was hoping it would have been fixed by 2.5+ so that's good to know.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think of the always event as something that happens once per frame, 60 frames per second. If you need to compute stuff quicker than once per frame, you need to use fast loops.

Other events that always evaluate to true, & are not triggered by a fast loop essentially behave exactly the same as an 'Always' event. Stuff like "Flag 0 is on/off", Alterable Value ("foo") = 1 etc. Always events are probably little redundant these days..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2