User Tag List

Thread: ini++1.5 - anyway to save all 260 strings or 120at a minimum?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ini++1.5 - anyway to save all 260 strings or 120at a minimum?

Hi just ran some quick tests with ini++ to save objects with multiple animation strings. I'm using the latest version which appears to save an impressive 99 strings, but I'm wondering if there is any way to extend this to cover the full 260 strings, or possibly 120. Alternatively I guess I can transfer the animation strings into multiple objects, but it adds complexity if there's a simple solution.
    I can't use the standard ini as the string files are longer than the 1024 character limit.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently Ini++ will only save up to 99 strings/values through the save object action. This is because the extension was made long before 2.5+ came out and was only programmed to save the old max of 26. Yves increased it to 99 when he updated the extension for 2.5+ but said increasing the number into triple digits will require him to examine the extension more closely, so for now 99 is the max. https://community.clickteam.com/threads/105506-Fusion-2-5-amp-INI-Problem-with-new-Alt-Values-and-Strings

If you want to save more than 99 values/strings of an object in a single ini++ object, you can still do so but any value or string past 99 will need to be done manually without the 'save object' action. I've attached a screenshot demonstrating how to save the 'IZ' string (The 260th string of an object) into an ini that has already saved 99 strings of the same object through the 'save object' action. I'm not sure what happens when you try to load all of the values of an object that has more than 99. If the 'load object' action doesn't work for values past 99, I suspect you should still be able to load them manually in a similar fashion.

save_extra_values_and_items.jpg

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You can also run a loop over each object and write to the ini, giving you a virtually unlimited amount of data writing...
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    You can also run a loop over each object and write to the ini, giving you a virtually unlimited amount of data writing...
    Nice idea. compress all the strings into one using a delimeter and then decompress them at need. effectively this technique could be used to extend from 260 values and strings to a ridiculous degree. Thanks Tek and Danny.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh, that's a good idea. This might already be what you and Danny are implying when you mention loops and using delimiters to compress the strings into one, but just in case, you can use the 'Set part in item' action under Advanced Features and the 'Get part in item' expression of Ini++ to easily store and load multiple values or strings in a single item with automatically placed delimiters. I only realized this was possible with Ini++ a couple weeks ago.