User Tag List

Thread: Problems with hit detection/ Boulder Dash like game

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Problems with hit detection/ Boulder Dash like game

First of all hello everyone here in the forum!

I like actually to create games with clickteam multimedia fusion 2.5 (i have the dev version) and really try my best with it.

Lately i tried to create a "Boulder Dash" like game mixed with bomberman but the problem was that i duno how i could add "physics" or a good "grid" like movement system...
    I looked a bit around here and found something which slightly helped at least to create a grid-like movement for the player and i even tried to add the "rock falling" system which was shown here:

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/80455-Cascading-objects

But they are problems with the player and hit detection or the hit detection with enemys/player in general. If you boot it up, you will see that the rocks will fall of other rocks, gems and powerups and stays on the ground and the "exit" & hardtiles (the one around the play area), thats what i got so far.

As for the player i tried to add something like a "Mask" which should be regonised by the rocks but it seems like its not really working out how it should...
    IT should sure work like this:
    As long as the player is below the rock or is MOVING (this was the part i have the problem...) below the rock, the rock should regonize it. if the player moves away or the rock is FALLING on the player, the rock should regonize it / should land again back on players head and damage him - same with the enemys "somehow".
    I would also sure like to see something like a "push rocks" system but thats to much to ask after all...

As people who know boulder dash maybe, maybe someone can help me with it. Im not really super good with the program (i would have LOVED to maybe create a array system but my skills with the program arent that high i guess <<

You can download the gaming file here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5oqk4ji8x...20WIP.rar?dl=0

So its basicly the sorce code from my game, at least the "WIP" code for the new version which im failing at to work on. if someone can help me with that i really should add him to the credits of course. i really tried already it with the mask system (worked 5 days on it but still failed) that i gave up on it. its still a bit of it inside (i guess) but i dont think it will really help.

Still thanks in advance for every help!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bumpin this up.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an open source Bolder Dash game on my website.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uff you have a lot samples there mate. do you have a direct link to it or maybe at least the name of the sample? thanks still ^^

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there was a french guy who sold some source, but it was removed. it was close to perfect but he missed somethings - eg push rocks... which i have added and made it perfect; i cannot give it out, as it was a paid product which is no longer available.
    but i can tell you which way to approach the situation. he used the advanced game board object.
    it (now) plays identical to the original boulderdash with all the mechanics same as original. its possible; but you will need an advanced level with the software - especially the ABG object.