User Tag List

Thread: Replace Color Bug only when compiling for Android (fine in Windows)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replace Color Bug only when compiling for Android (fine in Windows)

Hello all.

I was creating some temporary buttons for my android game and wanted them to have different colors, so I used "replace color" option.

This is the screenshot on Android (notice both blue circles, they aren't the same actives):
    Screenshot_20190729-223126_Nova_Launcher.jpg

So I created the event to change the color of one blue circle. This screenshot is the game running on Windows after code implementation:
    windows.png

Then I compiled to Android and this is what I got (that Steam logo comes from a counter that I created):
    Screenshot_20190729-222615_Salamander_Game.jpg

This is the code. If I delete the second line, no Steam logo. If I leave it there, Steam logo shows up.
    before.png

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Replace Color is not coded in Android due the low performance behave in android devices
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could probably use RGB coefficient instead for a recolour of a single/mono colour object. RGB coeff works in Android.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YesNoYes View Post
    You could probably use RGB coefficient instead for a recolour of a single/mono colour object. RGB coeff works in Android.
    Thanks for the tip. Will check it out.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries

Although if replace colour did work on Android, it would certainly save us Android developers a lot of headaches!

Even better would be the ability to paste active picture objects into the background or be able to somehow blit active pictures to a surface, but I know that's been asked a million times already.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Although if replace colour did work on Android, it would certainly save us Android developers a lot of headaches!
    a slow performance of this in android will sure will get more headaches to all.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fernando,

How slow was the replace colour function when it was being tested? Was it still very slow no matter how many times it was being called per frame? I wonder if it could possibly still be useable if it was only called during the "idle" phases of an application..

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    this action is synchronous, you ask for it and is done, it can not be done in idle time , this take time of CPU and this affect severely the loop time I have not an answer for you in secs, but just consider that loading a bitmap in HD format in some device take 200msecs, in android the concept is not like PC, you must preload sprites and used, is in my todo list, trying to make it work with blend coefficient
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    this action is synchronous, you ask for it and is done, it can not be done in idle time , this take time of CPU and this affect severely the loop time I have not an answer for you in secs, but just consider that loading a bitmap in HD format in some device take 200msecs, in android the concept is not like PC, you must preload sprites and used, is in my todo list, trying to make it work with blend coefficient
    That's something that we really miss. On Windows Phone it was working pretty well with XNA exporter. THis alloyed to create a single sprite and customize it with replace color to create different versions. Really perfect for customization.
    Actually i'm using RGB coef on a shade of white for my main character, to be able to fully customize my character, i need to use 9 sprites...

test.png
    With Replace color, i could get rid of all the white sprites...