User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Build 292.11 - Beta version

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still having issues with frames / Fusion ignoring commands ... But I think it all relates to a long-standing issue of frames not triggering if they're in a group that isn't active at start of frame (that I reported previously.)

I have an always command that sets a frame based on value.
    The objects are created in a group that isn't active at the start of frame.
    95% of the time this "always" command works - 5% of the time it fails. I can't risk this failure in my game.

Is there any chance of bug fixes coming out in the next two weeks or is my only solution going to be to rewrite that section?

Edit: Well I probably only need to create one object at start of frame with the same qualifier and change its frame for the command to trigger when the other objects are created - I'll try that.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    String object:

If the block "visible at start" isn't ticked then it changes the text into an icon - greys out the sizes and you can't resize it at all - until you go make it visible again. (Which might not seem like a problem if you know this ... but I didn't know this.)

If you make a string object a global object it automatically renames it - it doesn't ask you if you want to make the others global.

If you copy and paste into a string object from Microsoft word - then the following punctuation marks are flipped: , ... " '

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Instead of pasting from MSWord, try Notepad or other straight text editor.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette5 View Post
    String object:

If the block "visible at start" isn't ticked then it changes the text into an icon - greys out the sizes and you can't resize it at all - until you go make it visible again. (Which might not seem like a problem if you know this ... but I didn't know this.)
    I love this feature. My frame was littered with big text objects everywhere until I discovered this, many of them hundreds of pixels wide. I'd always end up selecting them accidentally when I was trying to select something underneath.

Now I make a habit of unchecking 'visible at start' so I can have the neat little icons instead

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if it's possible, but I would love to have the feature of applying more than one shader to a frame. In my game I have a color grading shader that needs to sit on the play frame to work correctly, but I would also love to use a CRT shader with this, which also needs to be applied to the whole frame to work correctly. The same thing would be cool for individual layers too, but the limitation can be more easily worked around there. ATM I would need to write a whole new shader to cover both things, which I'm not able to do.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    Don't know if it's possible, but I would love to have the feature of applying more than one shader to a frame. In my game I have a color grading shader that needs to sit on the play frame to work correctly, but I would also love to use a CRT shader with this, which also needs to be applied to the whole frame to work correctly. The same thing would be cool for individual layers too, but the limitation can be more easily worked around there. ATM I would need to write a whole new shader to cover both things, which I'm not able to do.
    Is this not already possible on a layer and object basis? For Baby Redemption I used a top layer for the lighting shader and a separate layer for a saturation shader.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    Is this not already possible on a layer and object basis? For Baby Redemption I used a top layer for the lighting shader and a separate layer for a saturation shader.
    Interesting, your saturation approach. If I do it in my setup it only affects the saturation of the specific layer, but not everything below it. Anyway, it does not solve the issue with shaders that have to be applied on the frame to work. Like if I apply CRT to only one layer, I get a black screen.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    Interesting, your saturation approach. If I do it in my setup it only affects the saturation of the specific layer, but not everything below it. Anyway, it does not solve the issue with shaders that have to be applied on the frame to work. Like if I apply CRT to only one layer, I get a black screen.
    I will double check exactly how i set it up. But now that I think about it, the saturation is actually on a object covering the window size (still on its own layer). I'll double check in a while. Funny if it hasnt worked all this time and it was all just placebo.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    I will double check exactly how i set it up. But now that I think about it, the saturation is actually on a object covering the window size (still on its own layer). I'll double check in a while. Funny if it hasnt worked all this time and it was all just placebo.
    Feedback would be very welcome! I would love to set up saturation handling like you did, but doesn't seem to work on my end.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette5 View Post
    I'm still having issues with frames / Fusion ignoring commands ... But I think it all relates to a long-standing issue of frames not triggering if they're in a group that isn't active at start of frame (that I reported previously.)

I have an always command that sets a frame based on value.
    The objects are created in a group that isn't active at the start of frame.
    95% of the time this "always" command works - 5% of the time it fails. I can't risk this failure in my game.

Is there any chance of bug fixes coming out in the next two weeks or is my only solution going to be to rewrite that section?

Edit: Well I probably only need to create one object at start of frame with the same qualifier and change its frame for the command to trigger when the other objects are created - I'll try that.
    @Janette, sorry I was away for vacation and catching up various things last week. I've read your posts and I don't understand what you mean by "Fusion leaving out commands". Could you upload a small MFA and let me know how to reproduce the problem please? And there is no reason why an Always condition works only 95% of the time, I need to see a MFA for this too. Thanks.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast