User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Capture Portion of the Screen Causing Glitches

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just noticed images are being captured at a different size too.

Both of these images have been captured on the same device, with the first image from the old version (from around 2017) and the second image from the new version.

Previous images look like this and have the dimensions 476x476

New images like the one above have the dimeisons 595x595, despite the capture area in the game being the same dimensions of 476x476.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The build 292.11 is available on Steam as beta version, you need to subscribe to betas in your Steam client if you want to install it (and add the beta code mentioned in the sticky post in the Steam forum).

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The beta seems to fix SOME of the issues with colour being incorrect, but not all, and it doesn't fix the skewing of images, that's still the same.

The issues seem to be regarding transparent things. The colour on the hair shine, the glasses etc were all brighter but have been dulled greatly when a picture is taken.

I recreated an older image and saved it out, and I've highlighted here the difference:

Though as you can see, if I try and choose hair and things AFTER a screenshot has been taken, some of the items are skewed. It's not even all of them, just some frames are messed up and others are fine, and it all works properly BEFORE taking a screenshot. It's only after I've taken a screen that it goes skewed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so after more testing I'm 100% sure it's caused by saving a screen capture. I removed the code and the skewing no longer happens. It doesn't save any pictures, but it also doesn't skew what's in the app either.

Here's the code I had for saving images.

So yeah, no doubt in my mind that the issues with skewing parts of my app are caused by screen capturing, just not sure WHY it's happening. Also as you can see from the code, the screenshots should be saving at 476x476, but are still saving at 595x595

I tested this both on:
    Galaxy S5
    Nexus 7

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    mm my test here were conducted with two nexus 7 one with android 6 and other with 9 seems OK with the example

myareascreen.jpg

Nexus 7 with android 9

myareascreen.jpg

Nexus 7 with Android 6

About the size this was change long time ago, because some user bring this point what happens if my frame is 320x200 image related to area will be scaled according the frame making this image small so the images were changed to screen pixel size. confirm this at your side.

I removed the code and the skewing no longer happens. It doesn't save any pictures, but it also doesn't skew what's in the app either.
    this clearly state that you are drawing when you executing this command or draw after the save image. Now is this command at the beginning of the loop? how it is triggered? what prevision is take that you are not asking for ads at any moment of this? Is you image created saving and reading captures? do you check for file exist and readable to continue with your game?

the above images where taken as last one image after pressing several time each button of the above example at random time.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not ads because I removed Chartboost entirely from the app, code and all, and it still has the skewing and discolouration issues. Yes it works on your test-app, no it doesn't work on my game, it's not ads and it's not just on my end as hundreds of people who play my app are experiencing the same issues.

I don't know the best way to show you my code so here's this:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I put the hair object in your test app and it turns out that the issue occurs when an object is being Forced to a specific frame. I had the hair set to change frames every 1 second, and as soon as I hit "Save Screen" some of the frames deformed. Not all frames will deform, but if you let the application go then you see a few of them.

I let it change frames for a good minute and none were deformed, it ONLY happened after I saved a screen.

The only code I added was the code highlighted in red, and the only object I added was my hair object.

---

Test this one. This is Application Test Capture Screen but with my hair object in it:

https://app.box.com/s/3picrot18r020bn3fsby7wfji1ekg4ya

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    oh indeed as i stated before you must stop any drawing to copy the screen buffer, (capture the screen or area is just read a buffer of pixel from screen), it up to developer stop drawing so the function will work.

Good point for others developers.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the deformation occurs after a screen has been captured. Not during.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next curious thing, if I have selected all of the objects, the skewing no longer occurs. If I have "seen" each frame of an object, it doesn't happen any more. Like it's not being loaded properly or something.

I may need to take some videos because I feel like you're not really understanding what my issues are.

Ticking "load on call" seems to fix the issue.

The only issue now is the slightly wrong colours when taking a picture.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast