User Tag List

Thread: How to check if an in-app purchase was refunded?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to check if an in-app purchase was refunded?

I know that there's a condition of the In-app object "Is Sku= refunded", but I can't seem to figure out how to make it work properly, even though I refunded the test purchase on the Developer console. So, I offer an ad-free version of my game which users can purchase as an in-app non-consumable. Everything works perfectly. I can buy the item, it activates the ad-free version afterwards, etc. The only thing that isn't working correctly is the refund checking. My idea is that in case the user decides to request a refund, the ad-free version gets disabled. I'm aware it shouldn't be a common case, as the game itself is free, so the user has the chance to try the game and see if they like it, but you know, there are malicious users out there, and there have been cases where people buy things and immediately request a refund trying to get them for free.

I've gotta admit I'm confused as well because some people on other forums say that this is how Google refund policy works and that if someone requests a refund before 48 hours, they'll get the full refund and they can keep that item, even if it was the pro or the ad-free version of an app. Not sure if that's true, but if it was, I would find it incredibly unfair, lol.

Anyway, I'm using the condition like this:

Is Sku=remove.ads refunded > Set AdFreeVersion to 0 (This enables ads once again) > Save INI data

Nothing happens. As I said before, I refunded the purchase using the Developer console already. I tried using a counter to check the purchase state, and it always returns 0 (purchased). Not sure if this is true either, but people say that Google always returns 0 when you try to check the purchase state.

What can I do to check if the in-app item was refunded? Or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I do is check if the sku is NOT purchased. Basically you use the 'is sku purchased' condition, and you negate it. You also should make sure that the query inventory is finished by using a 'on query inventory ready' condition, or else the state of the purchase might not get detected properly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info @Nemeean_lion

I'm not sure why it's still not working though, even with that condition. Perhaps the refunds aren't checked with test purchases?