User Tag List

Thread: Any way to get volume of sample playing?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModulePatch Maker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any way to get volume of sample playing?

What I want to achieve is have a mouth be closed, semi-open, open, fully open depending on the volume of the sample playing. Is there an extension that gets volume, or another way to potentially do this? Any help appreciated!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you can do it just through the regular sound object. (Though keep in mind that there'll be other factors to consider, like the volume of the channel the sound is on, and the master volume).

EDIT: though from your description, it sounds like you want to know not just the overall, static volume that the WAV file (or mp3 or ogg or whatever) is set to play at, but the real-time, ever-changing, dynamic volume of the actual sound coming out of that WAV file, right? So if the WAV contains a recording of a person whispering then yelling within the same file, you want the mouth to adjust on-the-fly, yes? In that case, sorry, I don't know. But maybe the mixer object?:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModulePatch Maker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Looks like you can do it just through the regular sound object. (Though keep in mind that there'll be other factors to consider, like the volume of the channel the sound is on, and the master volume).

EDIT: though from your description, it sounds like you want to know not just the overall, static volume that the WAV file (or mp3 or ogg or whatever) is set to play at, but the real-time, ever-changing, dynamic volume of the actual sound coming out of that WAV file, right? So if the WAV contains a recording of a person whispering then yelling within the same file, you want the mouth to adjust on-the-fly, yes? In that case, sorry, I don't know. But maybe the mixer object?:

I don't have those options in the version I'm using (R292.10) and my icons look different from yours. Which version are you using?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using R292.10 as well. My icons only look different because I'm using this skin. With the default skin, it'll look like this (but keep in mind that this is only in the expression editor - you'll see different options in the New Condition and New Action windows) :

I think the mixer object is installed by default, so it should appear in the audio section of your extension list in the Create New Object dialog:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    I'm using R292.10 as well. My icons only look different because I'm using this skin. With the default skin, it'll look like this (but keep in mind that this is only in the expression editor - you'll see different options in the New Condition and New Action windows) :

I think the mixer object is installed by default, so it should appear in the audio section of your extension list in the Create New Object dialog:

I finally figured it out, it was compare value then volume. Thanks for the help!

And it looks like I need amplitude not volume which fusion currently doesn't do.