User Tag List

Thread: Android Microphone Object Crashing

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Android Microphone Object Crashing

Original Thread at: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/106229-292-11-Problems-with-Paid-Android-Extensions?p=751917#post751917

Topic:
    Just found a new issue that crashes the application when trying to record files.

On previous app builds. I was able to use .ogg as a record able file format with no issues. Now however, the app crashes with file format .ogg.
    Strangely enough, file format .3gp works but returns an error with music player saying," Video format not supported!"

I prefer using .ogg, but again. The app crashes.

Here is an example of the current record structure for both .3gp and .ogg

1) "Paratoolz2019/Recordings/UserEVP" + Str$(day of month of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(month of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(year of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(hours of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(minutes of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(seconds of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(hundredths of second of( "Date & Time" )) + ".3gp"

Which the above works fine, other then the Video error message from Android api 29 Target Version 9

2) "Paratoolz2019/Recordings/UserEVP" + Str$(day of month of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(month of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(year of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(hours of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(minutes of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(seconds of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(hundredths of second of( "Date & Time" )) + ".ogg"

The above crashes the application, once you click the Record Button.

At first I thought it was do to not using the following...

DataStorageDirectory$( "Android object" ) + "Paratoolz2019/Recordings/UserEVP" + Str$(day of month of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(month of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(year of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(hours of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(minutes of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(seconds of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(hundredths of second of( "Date & Time" )) + ".ogg"

However, this places the Paratoolz folder in the emulated storage area. Not to mention still crashed using the .ogg file format.
    I'm at a loss? As already stated. This exact code minus the DataStorageDirectory$( "Android object" ) + worked in older apps on an older Android api and target version. Plus,the old code still works running the old App on newer devices running the latest Android.

The Device I am testing it on is currently running Android 7.0

Thanks in advance for any help

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    please use android forum for this

DataStorageDirectory$( "Android object" ) + "Paratoolz2019/Recordings/UserEVP"

the error is because you forgot to add "/"

DataStorageDirectory$( "Android object" ) + "/"+ "Paratoolz2019/Recordings/UserEVP"
    Same issue persists, with the +"/"+ added.

Currently...

DataStorageDirectory$( "Android object" ) + "/"+ "Paratoolz2019/Recordings/UserEVP" + Str$(day of month of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(month of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(year of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(hours of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(minutes of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(seconds of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(hundredths of second of( "Date & Time" )) + ".ogg"

However, again using .3gp has no issues recording / saving / playing back last recorded.

Thanks again for your help...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    oh IMHO think ogg does not have recorder option, may I suggest to check what you can record here

https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/media/media-formats
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    oh IMHO think ogg does not have recorder option, may I suggest to check what you can record here

https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/media/media-formats
    Very odd. As stated on the other post. I used .ogg on previous apps with the Android Microphone Object, with no problems. The reason I used .ogg prior, was for easy playback using the actual app itself through the runtime of MMF2.5. For some reason, MMF2.5 likes the .ogg format the best and has no issues playing back the audio.

Nevertheless, I'm going to try a few of these to see if any eliminates the Error ( Video type not supported ) on Androids Music Player.

AAC LC Support for mono/stereo/5.0/5.1 content with standard sampling rates from 8 to 48 kHz. • 3GPP (.3gp)
    • MPEG-4 (.mp4, .m4a)
    • ADTS raw AAC (.aac, decode in Android 3.1+, encode in Android 4.0+, ADIF not supported)
    • MPEG-TS (.ts, not seekable, Android 3.0+)
    HE-AACv1 (AAC+)
    (Android 4.1+)
    HE-AACv2 (enhanced AAC+) Support for stereo/5.0/5.1 content with standard sampling rates from 8 to 48 kHz.
    AAC ELD (enhanced low delay AAC)
    (Android 4.1+)

(Android 4.1+)
    Support for mono/stereo content with standard sampling rates from 16 to 48 kHz
    AMR-NB 4.75 to 12.2 kbps sampled @ 8kHz 3GPP (.3gp)
    AMR-WB 9 rates from 6.60 kbit/s to 23.85 kbit/s sampled @ 16kHz 3GPP (.3gp)
    FLAC
    (Android 4.1+)

(Android 3.1+)
    Mono/Stereo (no multichannel). Sample rates up to 48 kHz (but up to 44.1 kHz is recommended on devices with 44.1 kHz output, as the 48 to 44.1 kHz downsampler does not include a low-pass filter). 16-bit recommended; no dither applied for 24-bit. FLAC (.flac) only
    GSM Android supports GSM decoding on telephony devices GSM(.gsm)
    MIDI MIDI Type 0 and 1. DLS Version 1 and 2. XMF and Mobile XMF. Support for ringtone formats RTTTL/RTX, OTA, and iMelody • Type 0 and 1 (.mid, .xmf, .mxmf)
    • RTTTL/RTX (.rtttl, .rtx)
    • OTA (.ota)
    • iMelody (.imy)
    MP3 Mono/Stereo 8-320Kbps constant (CBR) or variable bit-rate (VBR) MP3 (.mp3)
    Opus
    (Android 5.0+)
    Matroska (.mkv)
    PCM/WAVE
    (Android 4.1+)
    8- and 16-bit linear PCM (rates up to limit of hardware). Sampling rates for raw PCM recordings at 8000, 16000 and 44100 Hz. WAVE (.wav)
    Vorbis • Ogg (.ogg)
    • Matroska (.mkv, Android 4.0+)

I'll report back all working formats.

Thanks for your help...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More issues, that make no sense...

This works flawlessly with my app.

"Paratoolz2019/Recordings/EMFandVIBActivatedEVP" + Str$(day of month of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(month of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(year of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(hours of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(minutes of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(seconds of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(hundredths of second of( "Date & Time" )) + ".3gp"

However, this does not...

"Paratoolz2019/Recordings/EMFandVIBActivatedEVP" + Str$(day of month of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(month of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(year of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(hours of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(minutes of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(seconds of( "Date & Time" )) + Str$(hundredths of second of( "Date & Time" )) + ".wav"

Yet, here is the odd part. This works flawlessly too...

"Paratoolz2019/EVPLIVE/LIVETEMPFILE.wav"

All the above are File Recording files. I assume the issue or bug, has something to do with the long file name. That is the only thing I can think of as one works and another does not.

Thanks for any help...

Never mind. I figured out the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickyvb View Post
    Very odd. As stated on the other post. I used .ogg on previous apps with the Android Microphone Object, with no problems. The reason I used .ogg prior, was for easy playback using the actual app itself through the runtime of MMF2.5. For some reason, MMF2.5 likes the .ogg format the best and has no issues playing back the audio.

Nevertheless, I'm going to try a few of these to see if any eliminates the Error ( Video type not supported ) on Androids Music Player.

AAC LC • • Support for mono/stereo/5.0/5.1 content with standard sampling rates from 8 to 48 kHz. • 3GPP (.3gp)
    • MPEG-4 (.mp4, .m4a)
    • ADTS raw AAC (.aac, decode in Android 3.1+, encode in Android 4.0+, ADIF not supported)
    • MPEG-TS (.ts, not seekable, Android 3.0+)
    HE-AACv1 (AAC+) •
    (Android 4.1+)
    •
    HE-AACv2 (enhanced AAC+) • Support for stereo/5.0/5.1 content with standard sampling rates from 8 to 48 kHz.
    AAC ELD (enhanced low delay AAC) •
    (Android 4.1+)
    •
    (Android 4.1+)
    Support for mono/stereo content with standard sampling rates from 16 to 48 kHz
    AMR-NB • • 4.75 to 12.2 kbps sampled @ 8kHz 3GPP (.3gp)
    AMR-WB • • 9 rates from 6.60 kbit/s to 23.85 kbit/s sampled @ 16kHz 3GPP (.3gp)
    FLAC •
    (Android 4.1+)
    •
    (Android 3.1+)
    Mono/Stereo (no multichannel). Sample rates up to 48 kHz (but up to 44.1 kHz is recommended on devices with 44.1 kHz output, as the 48 to 44.1 kHz downsampler does not include a low-pass filter). 16-bit recommended; no dither applied for 24-bit. FLAC (.flac) only
    GSM • Android supports GSM decoding on telephony devices GSM(.gsm)
    MIDI • MIDI Type 0 and 1. DLS Version 1 and 2. XMF and Mobile XMF. Support for ringtone formats RTTTL/RTX, OTA, and iMelody • Type 0 and 1 (.mid, .xmf, .mxmf)
    • RTTTL/RTX (.rtttl, .rtx)
    • OTA (.ota)
    • iMelody (.imy)
    MP3 • Mono/Stereo 8-320Kbps constant (CBR) or variable bit-rate (VBR) MP3 (.mp3)
    Opus •
    (Android 5.0+)
    Matroska (.mkv)
    PCM/WAVE •
    (Android 4.1+)
    • 8- and 16-bit linear PCM (rates up to limit of hardware). Sampling rates for raw PCM recordings at 8000, 16000 and 44100 Hz. WAVE (.wav)
    Vorbis • • Ogg (.ogg)
    • Matroska (.mkv, Android 4.0+)

I'll report back all working formats.

Thanks for your help...
    .Wav and .3gp work great with the app.!