User Tag List

Thread: How can I make a Pause screen?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Firefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can I make a Pause screen?

How would I make a Pause menu? For example, like Super Metroid, where you can pause, look at what items you have, logs, etc, then unpause, continuing the game as if nothing happened, in the same spot with the enemies or whatever also in the same places they were.

Clicker Firefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check a Previous Question Sub Application Pause Menu, How do I make a Pause Menu? (has examples)
    otherwise quick ways are dialogbox, Question & Answer objects they pause the app while displayed.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also put your whole game in a group except the menu and inventory, which would have its own group you activated deactivated.. Activate it Deactivate it to pause the game.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do it the way nivram suggests. Though it's worth noting that deactivating/activating a big group isn't necessarily enough to comprehensively pause everything. In-built movements (eg. bouncing ball) will keep playing, extension-controlled movements (eg. flocking object) will keep playing, animations will keep playing, the timer will keep running, and maybe some other things too. Depending on your needs, you may need to forcibly pause/unpause all of those too.

In-built movements and animations are easy enough. Give everything that you want to be paused some qualifer (I use a custom "pausable" qualifier but you need for that - but any qualifier will do), then when you pause, you do: and then on unpause: .

To pause the timer, just record the current timer (at time of pause) to an alterable value and then set the timer to that recorded time at unpause:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips Volnaiskra. I remember having issues with pausing animations in the past. I'm gonna hopefully remember to revisit this thread if I run into them again.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also doing it this way - all of my main game events are in a "Main" group and this pauses when it's deactivated. Vol raises a good point regarding animations - you will have to start and stop animations using the method he has described.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like this ?
    Attached files Attached files