User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Language Path Support?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chinese Language Path Support?

Hi I have a CHinese user complaining that chinese paths aren't read correctly

ie something like:

F:\FFXIV\最终幻想XIV\FFXIVBoot.exe

gets changed to ...

F:\FFXIV\x???????XIV\FFXIVBoot.exe

How do I go about supporting this?
    Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What extensions do you use in your application, and what object do you use with this pathname? Not all 3rd party objects support Unicode.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    What extensions do you use in your application, and what object do you use with this pathname? Not all 3rd party objects support Unicode.
    Im pretty sure its the Built in Dialogue box. Ie if I input some Chinese text into the dialogue box and then close and open it again, the text is replaced with ?????..unless its my ini file which is not saving as Chinese?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This object is Unicode, it works fine (in theory) with Chinese characters. I'm pretty sure the problem happens before the pathname is displayed (?) in the Dialog Box object. How is this pathname built? Where does it come from?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User enters their text in the dialogue box. In this case I save it as an ini file.(using either the ini or advanced ini object) When opening the dialogue again it is populated from the ini files. So maybe the INI file is not Unicode? - But how is it possible to automatically save an INI as Unicode?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ha. I see that ticking the UTF-8 option in the ini file box has helped a bit. At least now the chinese letters are getting stored in the INI files and read correctly!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes, the INI object uses the Windows INI API that is not Unicode. UTF-8 fixes this problem (sometimes there are issues if you use non-ANSI characters in group names though).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the INI++ in some cases though and it doesn't seem to have the option to set the format of the INI file. Do you know if there is some way? Thanks!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    INI++ is not Unicode.

You can use it if your app only uses a single language, for example Chinese. In this case, set the Language option to Chinese in the About properties of your application, the Unicode characters will be converted to/from Chinese multi-byte characters.

But if your application uses multiple languages like Chinese and Japanese, you can't use INI++ to store both Japanese and Chinese texts.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    INI++ is not Unicode.

You can use it if your app only uses a single language, for example Chinese. In this case, set the Language option to Chinese in the About properties of your application, the Unicode characters will be converted to/from Chinese multi-byte characters.

But if your application uses multiple languages like Chinese and Japanese, you can't use INI++ to store both Japanese and Chinese texts.

Thanks. Sadly, it looks like the advanced Menu object cant display CHinese letters at all though. That was one of the most important objects I was using so I guess CHinese support might not be possible (at least fully) after all unless I can think of some workaround..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast