User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Language Path Support?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If you can make a separate EXE for Chinese users, set the Language property of the application to Chinese and rebuild it. The Advanced Menu object will display Chinese characters in this EXE when it's executed on Chinese machines where the "Language for non-Unicode applications" is set to Chinese (I guess most Chinese machines).

What happens is:

- when the runtime executes an action of the Advanced Menu object (or any non-Unicode object) that has string parameters, it converts the Unicode text (specified in the events) to multi-byte using the language defined in the properties.
    - the Advanced Menu object will call the non-Unicode version Windows API, that will assume the text is encoded in the language given by the "Language for non-Unicode applications" option of Windows.

I would gladly convert this object to Unicode but it's a bit big and uses a 3rd party SDK that is not planned for using Unicode, so there is some work...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    If you can make a separate EXE for Chinese users, set the Language property of the application to Chinese and rebuild it. The Advanced Menu object will display Chinese characters in this EXE when it's executed on Chinese machines where the "Language for non-Unicode applications" is set to Chinese (I guess most Chinese machines).

What happens is:

- when the runtime executes an action of the Advanced Menu object (or any non-Unicode object) that has string parameters, it converts the Unicode text (specified in the events) to multi-byte using the language defined in the properties.
    - the Advanced Menu object will call the non-Unicode version Windows API, that will assume the text is encoded in the language given by the "Language for non-Unicode applications" option of Windows.

I would gladly convert this object to Unicode but it's a bit big and uses a 3rd party SDK that is not planned for using Unicode, so there is some work...
    Well it would be amazing if you could but maybe I'm the only one using it? I also found that the Icon View object which I use for Associating Programs to Icons doesn't work at all with non English paths. No doubt there may be more things like this popping up so I might have to resign to the fact that I will never fully be able to support Chinese.

BTW..would building a separate 'Chinese' exe also fix the issue with the icon view object?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, the String Parser isn't even compatible with Unicode, so I have no idea how I would manipulate the file paths of the strings in Chinese. For example I need to change something like C:\最终幻想XIV\Hello.txt into just C:\最终幻想XIV

Is that even possible without the String Parser?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I haven't used it much but String Tokenizer should have unicode support and do somewhat the same things String Parser does, I believe.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
    BTW..would building a separate 'Chinese' exe also fix the issue with the icon view object?
    Yes, it would fix all issues with all the 3rd party non-Unicode objects you use.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModulePatch Maker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having similar issues, I want my game to support English, Japanese and Chinese. The dialogue text is being pulled from external files, so I have to build three different executables?

Can I set one executable in Japanese to support both English and Japanese?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpUp_Games View Post
    I'm having similar issues, I want my game to support English, Japanese and Chinese. The dialogue text is being pulled from external files, so I have to build three different executables?

Can I set one executable in Japanese to support both English and Japanese?
    It depends on the extension objects you use in your application, some extensions are non-Unicode and require a separate EXE for each language. What extensions do you use in your app? (list in Data Elements editor, Extension tab)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried creating a separate Chinese .exe (with language set to Simplified Chinese when building) )but when I run it it seems exactly the same as before.

I have set my Windows language to be Chinese and restarted too but my app still is displaying Chinese characters a little squares and things like this: https://www.screencast.com/t/gzO2pRhoMw

?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You haven't to change the main language, it can be English, you have to change the "Language for non-Unicode programs". It's in the Admin tab of the Region settings (you access this dialog box via "Language Parameters Admin" or something like that when you display the Language parameters in the Windows 10 parameters).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    You haven't to change the main language, it can stay in English, you have to change the "Language for non-Unicode programs". It's in the Admin tab of the Region settings (you access this dialog box via "Language Parameters Admin" or something like that when you display the Language parameters in the Windows 10 parameters).
    Great. That's easier to test. I was stuck trying to read Chinese to reset my PC back to English for half an hour

Anyway, its better but still with problems. You can see on the image that the text object and the buttons dont seem to have passed over to Chinese. The Advanced menu object and tooltips seem to be fine. Is there any way to tackle that?

https://www.screencast.com/t/wFvs1lftjR

Maybe this is now just a font issue?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast