User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GPG Connector UI Box cancel detection

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GPG Connector UI Box cancel detection

Hello,

In my game, the player can lok to GPG at start, so i show an infobox where the player is asked to wait for the connection. If he select his account, the game will connect to his account and the infobox will disappear. But if he hit back to close the UI box without selecting any accoung, the game wil lbe stuck on the infobox.
    I would like to detect that the player doesn't want to log in so i can disable the infobox in this case. i've added a timer as a workaround, if the player isn't logged whil the infobox is visible since more than 1 seconde, it shows a "cancel" button to allow the player to manually close the infobox.
    But i don't want the player to think he has to wait when he choose to not use the GPG service so i would like to detect that he canceled the UI box.

How can i do that? I don't find the option on the object expressions. Thanks.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I would like to detect that the player doesn't want to log in so i can disable the infobox in this case. i've added a timer as a workaround, if the player isn't logged whil the infobox is visible since more than 1 seconde, it shows a "cancel" button to allow the player to manually close the infobox.

At the moment they don't have this functionality, I try to implement a method, but you can't tell if the authentication failed because the user canceled or if it failed due to connectivity or other issues.

the only valid return is login is OK

Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AH ok, i will make something to prevent that.

But i also get the message "the was an issue with sign in." if the player use back button instead of selecting an account, how to disable this message? It is not an issue as he cancelled.

Same problem if GPG is not installed on the device, i remember on previous version, it ask you to install GPG, now all i get is the error message.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    deleted message

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    + Is GPG Connector Google Services installed
    Or
    + Is GPG Connector Play Games available

Doesn't work. with or without GPG app installed, the result is always the same, "Services installed" is always true and "Play Games Available" is always false....

Can you please add a way to get the default google account ID (not the email) like every other games do? I can't use GPG to identificate an user as lot of android users don't have this app installed and it seems that i have no way to manage this and my previous game already use the "get email" that is a pain to manage when an user change it's email, for the game it's like if he has a new account...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    From android 6 i think not sure this api is deprecated and always mention installed

since it comes with the OS
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't use GPG in a secure way if i can't detect if the app is installed or not, i see in professionnal app that they detect if gpg is installed or not. For example in Clash Royale, you can't click the log in button for GPG if the app is not installed.

If i could detect that too, i could use GPG connector with no problem i guess, so i can check if gpg is installed before to try a connection, so no error message appear for user (at least one, if the player use back button, don't know if you can hide this one) and i could ask the player to install GPG to get access to all the features of my game. I've created everything in my game for that, but as i can't detect if GPG app is installed or not, i did all that for nothing.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "GPG On error" is never triggered. I can't use that at least...

GooglePlayServicesStatus( "GPG Connector" ) return 0 in every case...

The extension seems broken.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I will check what changed in this API next week.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, i'm waiting for that!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast