User Tag List

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Build 292.14 - Release version

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Fernando , You can send it to me - I can test it tomorrow, thanks.

--------

I've never been able to get font packer to work - so I only use basic fonts like Arial Unicode.

I can leave more space in the future - but right now I have to update all my games for Google Play's 64 bit policy that have 100s of counters in them - and many of those counters are created in code on exact spots that are part of the graphics - (+ - 500 lines of code I'd have to change just in 1 game). But changing just the font to a different one would be easy enough - that would be a solution - I'd just have to find one that fits and is part of Android system fonts.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't touched Fusion 2.5 much this year since the spring, but I've gotten back to working on my Hive Bomber game recently and I've come to find out that it runs terribly now. Lots of frame skipping. I uninstalled Fusion, reinstalled and tried every patch from 287.9 to 292.14. I found that the performance drops at build 292.2 and continues with every one after that. My game is pretty graphically intensive but it runs buttery smooth with 291.6. The number of objects is usually around 300 or so and the ram averages around 350-400MB.

Any idea what changed at that point that would have caused a big performance drop?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game is a Windows executable, by the way.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramses View Post
    I haven't touched Fusion 2.5 much this year since the spring, but I've gotten back to working on my Hive Bomber game recently and I've come to find out that it runs terribly now. Lots of frame skipping. I uninstalled Fusion, reinstalled and tried every patch from 287.9 to 292.14. I found that the performance drops at build 292.2 and continues with every one after that. My game is pretty graphically intensive but it runs buttery smooth with 291.6. The number of objects is usually around 300 or so and the ram averages around 350-400MB.

Any idea what changed at that point that would have caused a big performance drop?
    That's odd. I believe 292 is the version that came alongside the 2.5+ DLC upgrade, and build 292 itself (even without the DLC) came with performance improvements. So it's weird that you're getting worse performance, rather than better. Here's the changelog to that version if it helps: http://www.clickteam.com/webftp/files/mmf2/ChangeLogs/292.2.txt . 292.0 brought many changes, but 292.2 itself brought very few.

This is a long shot, but you don't have the debugger open somewhere do you (perhaps tucked away in a corner or partially off-screen, where you can't see it and you've forgotten about it)? Maybe you always had the debugger off, but the new changes to the debugger in 292 somehow forced it open?

EDIT: One thing you should probably try is to update all of the extensions that you use, by reinstalling them all through the extension manager. It's possible that you have an old version of an extension which is not working well with the new version of 292. Some extensions (eg. INI++, I believe) were purposefully updated alongside the 292 release.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramses View Post

If you want and can, could you upload your MFA somewhere and send me the link by PM? I'll try to see what is causing this issue.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bybyblue View Post
    I use it to play Sounds/Samples by name, using expressions like "char_"+ID#+"_"+sounndID#

feature request:

I think it is time we finally got a "play sample by expression" command (all exporters please)

as I hav over 100 sample play lines in my game that could all be replaced with just 1 line if we had the command.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Android Sound Issues on Huawei cell phone:

Problem: sounds come and go - they will stop for a few seconds and then start up again - not necessarily all the sounds - but some of them.

1. Game written March / April this year - now updating it.
    2. The sounds work correctly on my tablet - they do not work on my Huawei cell phone
    3. 14 sounds playing each on their own channel - channel 13 is music - turned off.
    4. It is random sounds that stop working / start working.
    5. Can't be the code in the game - because it works on the tablet (even so I changed it in case it was causing a conflict, but that change made no difference)
    6. Uninstalled the game from my phone - reinstalled the published version from July (I think that was 292.3 because I never published in a higher version than that - could've been a lower version) - All the sounds worked correctly. Reinstalled the new version - replayed the exact same level - the sounds stopped working.

Bug Report Here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgVEPtcaHQ02mLsN...kPLLg?e=IbuDRL

Tested several other games on that particular cell phone that only have 1 sound playing at a time - they worked 100%. No sound issues with them. Only with this game using multi-channels.
    (I'm using the Android runtime from Saturday - but the other games were tested on the exact same runtime.)

Edit: All my games use multi-channels but the others only have 1 or 2 sounds playing during the level. This particular game has 13. On the bug report - it's Underground Ant Cafe (one word)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    That's odd. I believe 292 is the version that came alongside the 2.5+ DLC upgrade, and build 292 itself (even without the DLC) came with performance improvements. So it's weird that you're getting worse performance, rather than better. Here's the changelog to that version if it helps: http://www.clickteam.com/webftp/files/mmf2/ChangeLogs/292.2.txt . 292.0 brought many changes, but 292.2 itself brought very few.

This is a long shot, but you don't have the debugger open somewhere do you (perhaps tucked away in a corner or partially off-screen, where you can't see it and you've forgotten about it)? Maybe you always had the debugger off, but the new changes to the debugger in 292 somehow forced it open?

EDIT: One thing you should probably try is to update all of the extensions that you use, by reinstalling them all through the extension manager. It's possible that you have an old version of an extension which is not working well with the new version of 292. Some extensions (eg. INI++, I believe) were purposefully updated alongside the 292 release.
    I was testing the released versions. I just tested the betas now and yeah, the frame skipping issue starts with 292.0. I tried updating the extensions with the extensions manager and unfortunately, it didn't make a difference. I also tried turning the debugger on and off and there was no difference there either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    If you want and can, could you upload your MFA somewhere and send me the link by PM? I'll try to see what is causing this issue.

Thanks, I'd be up for that. I'll just need to make a couple of small modifications first to make it easier to test.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHINBAXTER View Post
    feature request:

I think it is time we finally got a "play sample by expression" command (all exporters please)

as I hav over 100 sample play lines in my game that could all be replaced with just 1 line if we had the command.
    This! I've also wanted this for a long time. So we can finally play multiple samples by entering a string name (or index)!

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast