User Tag List

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Build 292.14 - Release version

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always basically seen the Sound Player extension as essential, for the same reason. Not being able to reference sounds in expressions makes lots of things more complicated than it otherwise would be

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    problem is I need it for iOS

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHINBAXTER View Post
    problem is I need it for iOS
    Yeah, I just meant that I considered it vital functionality. So I agree that it should be worked into the existing sound object.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Sound Player extension has a huge drawback, it resets the sound engine at the start of every frame, so any background sound loops and music can't keep playing across frames. This makes it unusable for me.

What I end up doing is using fusions built in "play sample file on specific channel" function and then use "(soundChannel + 1) mod 32" as a formula for selecting channels. It's far from a good solution though as any longer samples will get overwritten as the mod function reselects the same same channel when there's a lot of sounds triggering.

If we could get a "play sample file on free channel" action, or use channel nr 0 as the "free" channel (like the Sound Player extension does) these problems would be solved and this extra work unnecessary.

Why is this needed in the first place? If you have a set of 5 different sounds for explosions for example, and you want to randomly select which one to play every time an explosion happens, this would allow you to use "explosion" + randomNr + ".ogg" as an expression to select which file to play. I use this all the time to make the game sound more dynamic and interesting. Hearing the exact same sound play every time something happens just sound repetitive and boring after a while, not to mention unprofessional.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn’t you just test against a random number in ‘compare two’ and play a different sound? You could even use child events to make it cleaner.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, for sounds that are hard coded sure, you can make 10 child events and play a different sound... but this does not help if you have sounds that are not hard coded into the game but are defined using a string value in an editor.

For example, I have a weapons editor and for each wepaon there is a sound it makes when it fires which is decided by a string that corresponds to the sample file.

We have the ability to play samples by entering a file name, and now we even have the ability to preload these sounds into memory for quicker access (which is great, thank you!), but we don't have the ability to let fusion select the available channel to play this sound on. This makes the function very hard to use since you seldom have a fixed channel in mind when you want to play a sound, you simply want it to play and not interrupt other sounds.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette5 View Post
    Android Sound Issues on Huawei cell phone:

Problem: sounds come and go - they will stop for a few seconds and then start up again - not necessarily all the sounds - but some of them.

1. Game written March / April this year - now updating it.
    2. The sounds work correctly on my tablet - they do not work on my Huawei cell phone
    3. 14 sounds playing each on their own channel - channel 13 is music - turned off.
    4. It is random sounds that stop working / start working.
    5. Can't be the code in the game - because it works on the tablet (even so I changed it in case it was causing a conflict, but that change made no difference)
    6. Uninstalled the game from my phone - reinstalled the published version from July (I think that was 292.3 because I never published in a higher version than that - could've been a lower version) - All the sounds worked correctly. Reinstalled the new version - replayed the exact same level - the sounds stopped working.

Bug Report Here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgVEPtcaHQ02mLsN...kPLLg?e=IbuDRL

Tested several other games on that particular cell phone that only have 1 sound playing at a time - they worked 100%. No sound issues with them. Only with this game using multi-channels.
    (I'm using the Android runtime from Saturday - but the other games were tested on the exact same runtime.)

Edit: All my games use multi-channels but the others only have 1 or 2 sounds playing during the level. This particular game has 13. On the bug report - it's Underground Ant Cafe (one word)
    this bug report is not useful, can you provide a logcat from this phone, also need only a mfa with all sounds to check.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    this bug report is not useful, can you provide a logcat from this phone, also need only a mfa with all sounds to check.
    There is a logcat inside that report - but I've made another one and removed everything other than the logcat: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AgVEPtcaHQ02mL5z...TAUpw?e=UFwQTk

It starts from when I activate the report - until I close the app - after the sound error has happened at least twice.

The first time the sound doesn't play the phone vibrates instead of playing the sound - thereafter the phone is silent instead of playing the sounds - and then spontaneously starts playing the sounds again a few seconds later.

This happens with all my games that have a lot of sounds in them - the games with the sound errors: one has 15 sounds, 2 have 21 sounds, one has 19 sounds. I have no problem with games that have only 5 or 6 sounds in them.

The sounds were working in 292.3 - I did not change any code since then - other than the display (immersive mode etc.)

I don't think I can recreate this error in a .mfa with just the sounds.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    no pointing to MMFRuntime find in this log either

"about it was working in 292.3", please remember this version used ANT building procedure and a lower API, from there we must start.

any chances you send me an APK link by PM?

the mfa with sounds is to check the media information from each one or check it with mediainfo and post in a zip, also let em know if you are playing them from disk or internally, thanks in advance
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MMF Runtime log is there from: 10-14 17:00:04.272 10179 31377 31377 I MMFRuntime: onCreate, runtime version: Fusion 292.0

If you open it in Notepad ++ - it starts from line 2467 and ends at line 3809.

Every game has different sounds in them - I'm not sure what media information you want? I'll send you the .apk and a screenshot of the sounds - (you'd be able to extract them in Android studio).

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast