User Tag List

Thread: How to set up simple drag and drop system?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to set up simple drag and drop system?

Ok, so I have objects within my frame that I'd like to be able to drag and drop.

One object is a creature that upon being dropped I'd like it to be able to continue along it's merry way on the random direction walk that I have it on,
    and the other is a cookie, which I'd like to stay completely stagnate upon being placed where ever I wish to drop it.

If someone could point me in the direction of a tutorial for this, (Or explain it in a teaching like manor) I feel that might be the most helpful option as I'd rather like to learn how this is done
    so that I don't have to depend on asking nooby questions for the rest of my CTF career

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drag and drop is easily set up by applying the drag and drop movement type to an object. For the first object use two movement type and switch between them or drag and drop and platform for the second option use static as the other movement type.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also use the clickteam movement object with the drag and drop built in movement

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, so I found where everything is, (just need to figure out how to make the movement type swap back from drag and drop for the creature)
    The issue I'm having is that I'm not able to have things move upon my attempt at the whole "drag and drop" part of it.

~ Edit ~
    Got the movement swap to work
    Just need the whole "Drag and Drop" part to work.

I have the two movements set up for the creature, as well as I have the "Move Objects" object in the frame and I have it to where it's activated.
    What I do not have is the ability to "pick up" the creature and "drop" it into a new location.

I also have the Qualifier of "Movement" applied to both my creature and the cookie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok,
    So I have managed to get the "Drag and Drop" movement option to work in a completely different frame with only a single active object, and the
    "object mover" object...
    So I'm thinking somewhere I must have it stated that I always want to have the non-static movement be a thing... Cause that's the only cause to the issue I'm having that I can think of.

and now that I've removed the "always have the non-static movement" command without breaking my "random movement" look that I have for the creature...
    It still doesn't want to even allow me to pick up the creature what so ever.
    (The oddest part about this is that even when I try to "test movement" with the creature it won't allow me to do so.
    or rather it will allow me to run the "test movement" option. However; upon the testing frame being opened it will not allow me to drag and drop the creature no matter what I try)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also tried using this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB0t7VhZuss

to try to make just the cookie movable with no results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Figured out my issue that I was having!!!

Let this be a lesson to anyone who is reading this:
    ~ DO NOT USE A MOUSE CONTROLLED ACTIVE OBJECT AS A CUSTOM MOUSE
    Apparently there's an object for that, and if you do use a mouse controlled active object as custom mouse option, GOOD LUCK getting any drag and drop options to ever work. >_<

So yeah. long story short issues fixed