Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Build 292.14 - Release version

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by droxon View Post
    Happy birthday Yves, wish you all the best!

Changing the subject a little bit, I think I found a bug... I think it's only for the DLC 2.5+ version. When the "optimize events" option is on, it skips the "On group activation" events.
    I was going crazy trying to figure out what was going on, but I think that was it. Everything works great in the editor, it only happens when you build the app. (I guess that's when the events get optimized)

Again happy birthday I hope you are having a great time!
    Cheers
    Thanks.

I can't reproduce this problem, do you have a simple example?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well apparently I can't reproduce it either... it only happens on my game. I'm not sure if the number of events has anything to do with it.

In my game it happens in something similar to this:

After animation of "active" is over > Activate Group "One" > On group activation > Set Counter to RRandom(1,10)

With the Optimized events option "ON", the counter stays at 0

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirEatAlot View Post
    Would it be possible to add a "set flag with value" option where you can enter the nr of the flag AND the bool value as a 1 or 0?

Right now you can set a flag using a number but you can't set if it will be on or off using a value.

This would make it much easier to store and load flags to other formats, like ini or arrays. Right now this a bit messy since you have to add additional events just to set if the flag should be on or off.
    I would really like this too. Right now you can read a flag as a 0 or 1 in the expression editor, but you can't write to it that way.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't bother with flags, especially with the higher Alt. Vals limit. I just use Alt. Vals being set to 1 or 0.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Progject View Post
    I just don't bother with flags, especially with the higher Alt. Vals limit. I just use Alt. Vals being set to 1 or 0.
    Flags are quicker to set and access than alt. values, I think @Volnaiskra showed that in his performance testing. Might not be a huge effect but every little thing helps

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirEatAlot View Post
    Flags are quicker to set and access than alt. values, I think @Volnaiskra showed that in his performance testing. Might not be a huge effect but every little thing helps
    Yeah, but it's partially due to the fact that with alterable values the runtime has to evaluate the expression that gives the value, and a Set Flag by Expression action would have to do it too.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Yeah, but it's partially due to the fact that with alterable values the runtime has to evaluate the expression that gives the value, and a Set Flag by Expression action would have to do it too.
    Ah I see, that makes sense.. would still be useful to set flags by value though, even if there's no performance gain

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Occasional use of flags can make your code a bit more readable. Turn shield on makes more immediate sense than Set shield to 1, and Toggle invincibility is nicer than Set invincibility to invincibility XOR 1 or Set invincibility to invincibility * -1.

Also, since we can't rearrange altVals, it's nice to at least have a second 'section' of variables that doesn't get in the way of the main altVal list. This is especially useful when you want to have a few boolean variables for all (or most) of your objects. I find it easier to reserve, say, the 4th and 5th flags of all Actives for some universal purpose than to try and reserve the 4th and 5th altVal of all actives (or, say, the 20th and 21st, which would be easier to keep free, but would require way more clicking whenever I wanted to create them)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For Alt Vals...

Some way of selecting an active that belongs to a qualifier and choosing an option to simply copy all Alt Vals to every other active belonging to that qualifier would be great. Of course, a hefty warning dialogue would be displayed...

This way, you could maintain one active per qualifier as a defacto standard so you actually could change Alt Vals across that qualifier.

Ultimately, I'd absolutely jump for joy if there was a way to rearrange Alt. Vals in the list. Is this at all a possibility?

Another unrelated suggestion, perhaps easier to implement - could we simply have the animation editor use base-0 when refering to frame numbers (as in, the first frame is frame 0)? It's mildly irritating that the event editor wants you to use base-0 numbering for frames but the editor is base-1.

Or, you know, the other way around. As long as they're the same...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Progject View Post
    This way, you could maintain one active per qualifier as a defacto standard so you actually could change Alt Vals across that qualifier.
    Hope I'm not derailing here, but the dream for me would be a separate list(s) of Alterable Values for each qualifier assigned to an object, something like this:

That way common alt vals are inherited from the qualifiers, but their names (and default values, unless changed) belong to the qualifier itself rather than the object. but yeah, you would probably need 1,000,000 workhours to do something like this and it would probably break things

--------------------------

Anyway,something that I think *might* be a bug but I could be wrong

Changing an alterable value under an object's properties in the frame editor doesn't seem to save the new value if you switch to another editor or click inside the workspace toolbar - i.e.
    - if you change an alt value for an active object in the frame editor
    - immediately click on the event editor, storyboard editor (or anywhere that *isn't* inside the frame editor or inside the object properties window) while the text field still has focus
    I don't know if it's a bug or just something I haven't noticed before, but I was sure this didn't happen a few versions back. Here's a recording which might make it easier

Not a bug (I think) but something I that keeps slipping me up - the backwards/forwards buttons in the toolbar (or back/forward mouse buttons you might use in a browser) are greyed out if you double click on an action, and you have to manually return to the event editor if you want to go back

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast