Thread: Build 292.14 - Release version

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    ... when I've more time...
    I'm just curious, in the history of Fusion, has that ever happened?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think I've never seen this one, but it could be an old bug that has been fixed only partially, as there has been object reference bugs in the past with the Create Object action.

These bugs came from the fact we wanted objects to be added/destroyed automatically when you add a Create Object action, instead of forcing you to add/remove objects manually in the frame and only use those objects in Create Object action. Probably a bad choice, it was complex to handle and generated bugs.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant - you having time ... (probably was that one day back in 1996 when you had time with nothing to do...)

But thank you for the explanation.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ah lol...

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    What happens in your example is that when you change the animation to Stopped, Frame #1 is invalid, this causes the "Force animation frame" action to be canceled and the objects 1 and 2 to be animated again. Frame #0 is still valid though so the forced Animation Frame is still used for objects 3 and 5, and it won't play the animation for these objects. You should use the Restore Animation Frame command if you want the animation to restart.

Do you mean with the mouse wheel? This should be better in the build 292.15, it was fixed recently.

I tried restore, but nothing happens. it sets the active to the "Stopped" one, but when I start it, only the the ones with Frame 1 work
    But then, why don't I need restore if it's all Frame 1 and higher under walking.. it's only that frame 0 under walking causing the problem.

if I make it 2 , 3 ,4 ,5 etc it works just fine... just not 0

if you remove the stop events and press the buttons it's doing the same thing.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    I tried restore, but nothing happens.
    I attach a modified version of your example.

if I make it 2 , 3 ,4 ,5 etc it works just fine... just not 0
    Because of what I said. The Stopped animation has a single frame, when you switch to this animation, the forced animation frame becomes invalid (if it's greater than 0) so it's canceled and the frame is no longer forced.
    Attached files Attached files

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I will look when I get home.
    I did remove the Stopped items, and had the same thing. but I will see what you changed

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this would cause issues with existing project logic, but can the default behavior be that a forced frame always chooses the next lower valid frame number and holds it instead? Or if not, is there a chance things like this can be printed in the output window so we know when we have done something invalid? It would be wonderful if some kind of feedback system was in place so we are aware of any invalid scenarios at runtime (ie change animation to a non-existent animation, frame, anim direction). It would help a lot with Qualifiers.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobichan View Post
    Not sure if this would cause issues with existing project logic, but can the default behavior be that a forced frame always chooses the next lower valid frame number and holds it instead? Or if not, is there a chance things like this can be printed in the output window so we know when we have done something invalid? It would be wonderful if some kind of feedback system was in place so we are aware of any invalid scenarios at runtime (ie change animation to a non-existent animation, frame, anim direction). It would help a lot with Qualifiers.
    Changing this default behavior is risky as it would break existing apps.

Reporting this kind of possible issue in the debugger is a good idea for the wish list. Not quick to detect and implement all possible cases of invalid parameters though.

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves

I see it now.. I did Sequence instead of frame.. didn't noticed that one before.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast