Thread: Build 292.14 - Release version

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette5 View Post
    This is what I meant:

When I create an object and I need it to be on the exact location - pixel perfect location - Fusion will often be 1 or 2 points out - regardless of the shape of the object, even when they're perfectly square and divisible by 2. It's random though, even when all the pieces are the same it will happen with some of them but not all of them.

When I then select it to create the object at that co-ordinates - the co-ordinates are out by that amount as well. This requires me to manually over type each value every time when I need a precise or pixel perfect location.

This happens frequently.

Attachment 27610
    OK, when the next build is released, let me know if you have a simple MFA that allows to reproduce the problem.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [minor suggestion]

Consider leaving "objects" unchecked by default in the Find All dialog. Searching is a LOT quicker without it, but it took me months to discover this, as it was always checked and I never thought to uncheck it (even though I rarely actually need it - I mainly search for events, comments, etc.)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mouse-controlled movement: I was trying to help someone in the free section with this and discovered I couldn't make the mouse reappear - once the object hides it - it doesn't come back even when you delete the mouse-controlled object. Not sure if this is by design or not...

Also the mouse-controlled movement removes your mouse external to the game - you can't close the game, can't interact with the debugger - can do nothing that isn't written into the game at that point - fortunately the person there wrote in Esc to close the game - but when I was testing something on a blank .mfa I had to ctrl-alt-del out of the game - go to Task Manager and end task the game to get my mouse cursor back. There needs to be some ability for the mouse to reappear if the game loses focus.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 just so you know you can close the game (or any window/program) with alt-f4

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
    Filter bug is always present since Fusion 2.5 + is available. I thinks it's something to do with child events.

When i click on an object in the event editor, it doesn't show every event or sub-event that contain the selected object.

I have also case where the first line of a group is shown even if it doesn't contain any relation with the selected object.

You can see that there is an event related to the object in this screenshot:
    Attachment 27555

After clicking the object, it says that no related event is available in the groupe...
    Attachment 27556

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I can't reproduce it with a simple app, could you attach a MFA please?
    Finally managed to create a MFA to reproduce the issue. The problem is when editing the Y value of the objects to make them to jump. If they are moving upward on a slope, they will fall trough the slope...

See mfa:
    test-movesafely.mfa

I'm checking if it's something to do with my code, but for now, i can't find a way to stop that issue.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [small bug]

when you resize the List object with a custom icon, the custom icon disappears (from both its properties panel and the event editors) and you must recreate it again. This happens with some other objects too (eg. Score object) but not all objects (eg. doesn't happen with String object)

Filter bug is always present since Fusion 2.5 + is available. I thinks it's something to do with child events.

When i click on an object in the event editor, it doesn't show every event or sub-event that contain the selected object.

I have also case where the first line of a group is shown even if it doesn't contain any relation with the selected object.

You can see that there is an event related to the object in this screenshot:
    Attachment 27555

After clicking the object, it says that no related event is available in the groupe...
    Attachment 27556

Finally managed to create a MFA to reproduce the issue. The problem is when editing the Y value of the objects to make them to jump. If they are moving upward on a slope, they will fall trough the slope...

See mfa:
    test-movesafely.mfa

I'm checking if it's something to do with my code, but for now, i can't find a way to stop that issue.
    I can't see the connection between the problem you described in the first quote and the MFA in the second quote. But anyway, the 'fix' to the problem that you get here Attachment 27556 is to just keep pressing Open all groups. As you can see, the "AI" 'group' is actually shown, it's just that it's closed. Once you do Open all groups a couple of times, it'll open, revealing the correctly filtered events inside. This will be unbearable if you use the menu command for Open all Groups, so you should set a hotkey for it (and for Close all Groups), so you can hit the key quickly in succession. Fusion is very generous with what hotkeys it allows you to use, so you don't have to use an awkward hotkey like Ctrl-Shift-G for example. You can just use a single key like G or / or 1 if you like.

By the way, I'm not disagreeing that it's a bug - yes, it is a bug - but it's one with an easy workaround.

@Yves , to recreate the problem, just make an event that references an object that is referenced nowhere else, then place it inside a child event (or group event - they seem to have the same problem). Then do close all groups a few times to ensure that all groups and subgroups and fully closed. Then click on the object in the Event Editor, and I believe you'll see the problem Doberman was describing.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    @Yves , to recreate the problem, just make an event that references an object that is referenced nowhere else, then place it inside a child event (or group event - they seem to have the same problem). Then do close all groups a few times to ensure that all groups and subgroups and fully closed. Then click on the object in the Event Editor, and I believe you'll see the problem Doberman was describing.
    Ah thanks, yes I can reproduce it with groups. Not with child events though.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Android:

When you have a counter set as text - there isn't an option to set if the text is aligned in the top, middle or bottom (as far as I can see).
    Previously it seems that it was aligned in the middle automatically. I can see from my previous screenshots that my alignment on all my devices were correct.
    But not as I'm updating my games every single one of my counters are higher than before - and it's more noticeable on tablets than on my phone (my resolution is exact for my phone - stretched for my tablets).
    It seems to be aligning the value at the top of the field and not in the middle.

This change means I have to re-align every single counter on every single frame in every single game to get their spacing right again. (That's a lot - there would be 1000s of counters across my games.)

Any chance this could be changed back to how it was before in the Android export module?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves : perhaps try referencing the object only in the parent event rather than the child event as I originally suggested

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my bad, i was refering to another post, but thank you for the help to figure out the filter issue.

The move safely issue i was refering to:

But i've found that the issue is normal because of the way the object works, i just created two separate conditions to test ground and floor collisions and now it works.

I've found a bug with the MoveSafely2 Object, that was not present before, at randome times, an object will fall while moving on a slope.
    I hadn't found how to reproduce it everytime for the moment, but this bug wasn't present before this version.

All my enemies usr MoveSafely2 object so it's really annoying.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast